This Is My Life Not Yours

I woke inside a bright room. Where the ceiling was white, the walls were a tan color. There was a constant beeping sound. My vision took a minute adjust. The pillow I was on felt lumpy. This bed wasn't not most comfortable bed I've ever been on. I looked around seeing Daoming Si's head on the bed, with his body kneeling down beside me.

"Daoming Si" My voice sounded so raspy.

Si looked at me with relief in his eyes, I can't remember anything,"What happened?"

"You were stabbed" he answered me,"Two guys were after me because of the Maple Hotel business failing and they ended up losing their jobs"

"It's my fault" he suddenly whispered, pulling my hand to his cheek. I frowned,"Daoming Si, it's not your fault. You didn't know about those people."

I don't want him to blame himself, because I wasn't regretting this decision. Even thought I felt the wound hurting like a bitch I would do it again,again and a again if it meant him being safe.

"You shouldn't have jumped in front of me. That was completely reckless" he scolded, surprising me.

I paused for a second, licking my dry lower lip,"Maybe I'm just naturally reckless" I said in attempt to make him relax but instead he flashed me a unamused look.

"Daoming Si I don't regret jumping in front of you so stop guilt tripping yourself. If any person were to charge a ducking weapon at you I'd jump in front you not caring if it was a shot, knife or bullet."

He flinched, as I said it,"It was the worst thing I ever saw in my life" he admitted,"Seeing you fall to the ground with blood all over you, looking so weak and almost lifeless. I tried to cover up the wound but all I could do was hold you praying. It was haunting" he shivered.

"It's okay, it's all over now. I'm back and this wound is stitched up and soon I'll be good to go. Besides you got hurt too" I glanced down to his stomach.

"It was just a scratch Kiara" he reminded.

"Still you got hurt."

He chuckled, with somewhat humor and frustration,"Your impossible."

The door bursted open with a nurse holding a check board came in, to check the monitor and my pulse. She and I exchanged a few words saying that everything seemed fine and that I should be careful with moving around so much.

That meant I couldn't go exercise and possibly not go to my classes for a couple of days.

Si stayed by my side throughout the entire day and night. Shancai, F4, Xiaozi and my staff managed to come and visit me. They gave celebration gifts that I didn't need but I was incredibly grateful for. Mrs.Choa brought a giant sized teddy bear with her teenage daughters giving me "get well!" Gift cards.

I thanked them and soon was left alone with Mrs.Choa since Daoming Si could no longer be at my side no matter how many times he argued with me. He had to get back to his daily life. I wasn't going to let him mop around here with me til I ended up better.

I stared up at a vampire tv series. I had nothing else to watch so I clicked on the channel that was American. My eyes lazily watched it as the girl was stuck between two brothers, not knowing what to go for. Love, I sighed, always so complicated.

When I heard the door open I didn't bother glancing at the nurse,"Don't worry my pulse and heart beat is the same as the last time you checked it."

"Kiara.."

Oh shit, I widened my eyes turning my head to the right too fast that I winced in slight pain,"Are you okay?" He questioned, getting closer to the bed.

I raised my hand up, signaling his to stop,"Don't come any closer, what are you doing here?"

My Dad stared at me with his eyes flickering nervously. He wore a grey suit with a navy blue tie. He looks like my Dad but didn't. Why was he so nervous? Or timid?

His hand ran over his face,"When I heard about the news I knew I couldn't stay Singapore and I had to come."

I don't believe this act.

"Why come now when you had all those other times to show yourself up?" I snapped, with my voice raising up its level.

"It's complicated—"

I shook my head,"No, it's actually not. You could've came to me when Jia died, when mom died, or when I tried to end my life, but you sat in your office probably worrying about the next business deal than the lives that matter most."

My Dad exhaled,"I know your upset."

"I'm beyond upset" I scowled, sitting up from the bed,"I—I waited for you to be my Father for years. Hoping that the big man that everyone feared would teach me how to ride a bike or how to paint" my voice cracked hating how vulnerable I sounded,"So no, I'm not upset. I'm heartbroken. By the fact that my parents never loved me like a child could. Or show at least some love to your wife."

My Dad nodded taking this information in,"In my experience life hits you hard that it makes you a certain way."

"Your words they don't impact me, not anymore. But you know what I'm gonna do? I'm gonna get through college, get a handsome loving husband, and have me some kids and cherish every single fiber in their body. I'll be a better parent than you ever were because there's no damn thing you could ever teach me about how to love my kids!" Anger flashed through me. I felt my hands shake that with furious tears threatening to come out. Yet I refuse to let this man weaken me.

He nodded, lowering his head,"I just came to see you Kiara and how you were doing."

"I was doing just fine" I replied. Trying to control my breathing pattern.

"I..I came to tell you that I've stopped drinking. I've been getting help, and recently I met up with Mrs.Jeon"

Jungkook's mom?

"I decided to give my cooperations to Jungkook."

No way..

"He's gladly accepted as I've taken this as my time to retire and help him if he needs it."

Who was this man? This was a stranger, a stranger I was too scared to touch. I suddenly felt like I was a little girl all over again.

"Kiara—"

"I need you to go" I interrupted refusing to look him in the eye,"Please" I begged with my voice trembling.

I didn't hear another word. I heard the door opened and close. I bit my lower lip with my hand running through my jet black hair.

What the hell..just happened?