War on the Heart

I brushed through my hair refusing to listen to Chen's argument with Mira about Daoming Si. Their argument was almost like on speaker for the entire household. I didn't dare to shut him up though.

Quite frankly, it kinda scared me to see him. I've never seen Chen angry. I didn't want to face him.

Right now he was spitting stuff on threatening to shove Si's face in god knows what. Curses were shooting out of his mouth like a firearm I was sure my staff was very concerned.

Mira only said a few words here and there but I couldn't think about that. It was too early for this. The whole thing was outrageous. It hurt to the point that I actually wanted to take a small sip of alcohol.

No, what was I thinking? I won't act reckless, not then, and certainly not now.

I shook my head grabbing my backpack from the bed,"I can do this. Just act..normal" I reminded myself for the millionth time.

Today was a school day and it was going to be harder to avoid Si at school. But as I practiced last night I had to act fine. It's the only way to convince others I'm okay.

I fixed my black ripped jeans, as Mira suddenly entered the room closing the door behind her. I raised my head up confused.

However, she walked up to me instantly taking off the grey sweater I was wearing,"Hey!" I snapped. She then took my hair out of its braid messing my whole hair up,"Mira!"

Mira ignored my complains and went to my closet tossing me a whole new outfit.

I caught them at ease,"Okay, What are you doing?"

"Wear something pretty, it'll always distract one from your true emotions." she said.

I glanced at her up and down confused. I opened my mouth to ask more but Mira put her hand telling me to not say more,"Trust me..it works. Just please go out and ignore Chen. He's not acting like himself right now"

Mira truthfully looked exhausting. Her energy seemed drained. Usually she was holding some sassy smirk on but now she had ber eyebrows furrowed together , her lips were being bitten by her pearl white teeth. It was a habit she did when she was nervous. She told me one time when we were kids.

"Okay, I'll sneak out through the kitchen or something like that" I assured awkwardly.

Mira bit her lips into a firm line nodding before leaving my room quietly. I slowly stared down at the outfit she gave me.Well I might as well wear what she gave me. But I wonder what that was about..I hope Chen isn't too pissed.

I sighed changing into the outfit she gave me that was a mini skirt and a long sleeve black top wearing a belt around the skirts waistline. I added the high knee black boots to the outfits since this outfit did expose a lot for cold weather.

I tied my hair into a high ponytail before hesitantly making my way to school. I made sure to not see Chen on my way out.

I took a cab to school thinking about the whole arranged marriage.

I mean, was I really ready for him to get married? To be with another person for the rest of his life? The thought of it sickened my stomach I had to stop myself from thinking. I put my hand to my mouth and stomach feeling nauseous.

I can't keep thinking like this. I should be happy for Si. This could help him become a better man just I wouldn't be by his side.

"We're here Ma'am" the driver said snapping me out of my thoughts.

My eyes darted at the school and him. I stiffly nodded clinging onto the strap of my bag,"Thank you. Here keep the change" I handed him the money before exiting the car.