Birthday Disaster

"Can you stop calling me every second?" I snapped into the phone

My Dad sighed,"Kiara don't give me that tone"

"What do you mean not give you a tone? After three weeks of finding out your having a affair with another women you don't bother calling me. Telling your only daughter—"

"Your not my only daughter!" He screamed startling me.

My maids in the room jumped forgetting that they were here in the room to help me get ready for Jings party.

I composed myself clearing my throat,"You didn't let me finish. I was going to say your only daughter alive. I haven't forgotten about them like you have forgotten about me. Actually—" I stopped myself laughing humorlessly,"Did you know I have a panic disorder? Oh yeah that's right you wouldn't know because I'm nothing to you."

"I'll set up a therapist for you"

"No it's fine. Don't bother. I'm trying to accept it after three years that your the man I share blood with and nothing else. Don't call me anymore, I have a party to get ready for" I hung up avoiding the maids eyes.

I looked into the mirror staring down at my long dress that was pale pink dress almost a white, nude tone that had a open line for my right thigh, and topped it with black heels.

I smiled blinking the tears away.

How long would this take for me to finally get to the point of nothing hurting?

"Its time for me to leave. I don't want to be late" I said to them as I grabbed my purse and walked out my house into the limo with Mr.Wang.

Mr.Wang didn't bother greeting me as he straight away drove to Jings place. I stared out the window unsure if I should really go to this party.

I had just gone through a fight with my Dad, I'd be seeing Shancai, who would know somethings up, along with Daoming Si..

The last time I saw him was when we came across each other on campus. But I had walked away before much more could happen.

Seeing him made me conflicted.

When I arrived at Jings place I immediately noticed Shancai, Quinghe and their friend. But I didn't notice Li Zhen. Maybe she was coming later.

"Hey guys, you look great" I greeted after exiting my limo and taking in their outfits.

"Thanks" Shancai smiled shyly.

"Let's go" Quinghe said knowing he was dying to head inside.

We walked in holding our invitations to the security guards before entering recognizing everyone from different cultures here dressed elegantly, drinking wine, or chatting amongst others.

"Everyone looks wonderful" Quinghe commented causing their friend to look at their outfits.

"They're dressed so formal like Kiara. Do you think  we're dressed up enough?"

"Hey you guys look different and that's what's amazing" I said hoping to boost up their confidences.

"Huh? Isn't that the actress, Zhou Dongyu? So pretty!" Their friend looked.

I shrugged not caring much,"Eh we follow each other on Instagram"

Shancai gasped at me.

Quinghe wanted to fan girl but he composed himself,"Calm down, Xiaoyou. My Dad said at events like this, if you see someone famous, you should pretend you didn't see them"

I chuckled at him. Now that was a interesting way to approach it.

"We should get something to eat first" Shancai said.
I agreed grabbing the pastries that caught my eye.

I laughed looking at Quinghe who was now stuffing his mouth in desserts. I looked around and froze when seeing F4 entering the grand room,"It's Ximen, aw he's so handsome!" Xiaoyou beamed.

My eyes landed on Daoming Si as I turned my back debating if I should leave the room or not.

"Kiara is everything alright?" Shancai questioned looking behind me.

I glanced back at Daoming Si but shook my head,"It's nothing. I just..need air"

Shancai nodded,"I'll go with you. I need to check if Li Zhens here"

Not minding the idea, we both were heading out but we stopped when Ximen called us. I turned my head automatically stopping my feet.

"You look very elegant and pretty. Shancai you look cute" he said. My eyes went to Daoming Si's as I noticed he was staring between us.

I nodded,"Thank you. It's right to dress for the party"

"Yes, that's true" Mei Zou agreed before the two walked away.

"Hey I'm gonna go and try calling Li Zhen" Shancai gestured to her phone leaving me with just Daoming Si.

My eyes looked down to his hand that had punched the wall noticing he didn't have a bandage. But the bruises were still there.

Si began to walk towards me until a random lady came up to him asking him multiple questions.

I sighed roaming around the house. I pulled my phone out noticing I had three missed calls from Li Zhen. I was about to call her back but Quinghe tugged at my arm,"Kiara hurry! Jìng just made her entrance"

I shoved my phone into my purse and let Quinghe guide me to we're Shancai, and her friend were as Jìng was now going over to her cake speaking into the mic.

I looked at Lei who stood beside me with a smile on his face. I bit my lower lip reminding myself to not be butt hurt.

Jìng in her beautiful navy blue black dress blew out her candles, staring at the audience before picking up the microphone.

"Thank you for taking your time to come to my birthday party. Today I'm turning 24. After my graduation, it's time to make some real decisions. There's something..I'd like to announce here. I've decided to give up my position as the heir of Tentang Investment Group to join lawyers without borders. I want to help the poor" she said causing multiple gasps and mumbles to go around the room.

"Jìng what are you blabbering about!?" Her Dad yelled.

"Dad, Mom, I'm sorry. Please forgive my stubbornness. Pretend you married off your daughter. I'm going back to Paris in a few days. I have no immediate plans to come back"

Then it hit me, everything she was saying now reminded me of what I had done before coming back to China.

I turned to Lei as Jìng went on to explain herself. He looked betrayed, heartbroken.

I turned back to Jìng who grabbed a pair of golden scissors. She pulled her hair to the side and cut her hair short.

Lei stared with glossy eyes. I wanted to comfort him assure him that everything was going to be fine.

I went to touch his shoulder but he rushed out the room with Jìng running after him conflicted.

"Wait Shancai!" I yelled as she ran after the two.

I debated on going after them but felt it was best to give them privacy.

I sighed as Daoming Si came up to me. He too had pained look. I frowned unsure on how to approach a conversation we could have.

I opened my mouth for words to escape but nothing came out. Daoming Si too tried to speak. Yet it seems we both stood on the same boat.

So we instead let silence speak for ourselves.