No Deal

"Wait so we're not playing Bridge?" I said aloud to the five people in this room

Quinghe smirked at me as he gestured them,"They said we could set the rules."

So we're basically comparing hands? Truth be told I'm not very good with card games. I didn't really play them as a kid. I was more of an artist with drawing, singing, and dancing up my sleeves.

In fact I didn't really play things that's required so much thinking.

That probably explains why I'm so bad at puzzles..

"Okay lets start" Daoming Si smirked. He picked the stack of cards and shuffled them tossing them to his hand.

I watched amazed the way he was able to do it but I realized it was time when he set the cards across the table.

Shit, one of us would have to pick a card, and that card would determine our chance of wining or losing.

Shancai and I looked at each other questioning on who should do it. Quinghe instantly stepped back knowing he definitely wasn't not going to do it.

"Nose goes" I quickly said placing my finger on my nose," hehe would you look at that guess you have to go Shancai" I nervously laughed.

Shancai groaned so I mouthed a sorry. She sighed sitting down at the table and took a couple of minutes to decide.

I went over to stand beside Quinghe. I kept tapping my foot unsure on how this could turn out.

She pulled out two random cards from the desk questioning which one between the two was best to choose.

We nodded at her encouragingly as she continued to stare at the two cards until Si startled us,"Hey! Are you done?"

I was about to throw a mouth of curses at him until I noticed a card that was flipped to the surface reading Ace of hearts.

I smiled instantly giving a high five to Quinghe and Shancai,"Ace of hearts, you got a Ace of hearts!" I cheered.

"Yes, we won!" Quinghe beamed,"How about that? We win, unless you get the Ace of spades. Which is impossible. Your turn"

Si turned to Mie Zou who grabbed a random card on the deck and threw it us revealing a Ace of spades.

My smile that was beginning to hurt immediately dropped,"What!? That's impossible!" I yelled.

"How is that possible?" Shancai questioned.

The three boys chuckled.

"Wait" Quinghe said,"You shuffled the cards, what if your cheating?"

I nodded agreeing with him. I shuffled the cards with Quinghe slightly helping as I then stopped crossing my arms.

They had to be cheating. There was no way they could remember a whole deck of cards.

Si fixed the mixed cards and stacked them together, pulling out the first card in the deck,"Five of clubs" Mei Zou said showing us the cards.

Si put the card down and picked another one from the deck showing it to us instead of themselves,"Six of diamonds."

"Eight of hearts, Jack of spades, Two of spades, Ten of diamonds, Three of clubs, Nine of Diamonds, Five of hearts, King of hearts" Mei Zou finished with Si tossing every card he named into his hands.

My jaw dropped now believing why people said it was impossible to beat them.

They had the whole deck memorized! The hell do they do in their free time? Play with cards all day?

"Wait! You don't have the Ace of spades. You lose" Quinghe smirked.

Mei Zou gave him a knowing look,"That's because it's in your pocket"

I widened my eyes at Quinghe who looked like a child who had got caught.

Automatically I sighed faced palming.

"Do you think the champion team of the World Bridge Competition would lose to you?" Ximen questioned,"Mei Zou has impeccable eyes. He's second to none. No matter what you play, you'll lose for sure. So another round?"

I glared in disgust,"If you all knew we were going to lose in first place why did you still challenge us? To make a fool out of ourselves?" I questioned laughing shaking my head in disbelief," Wow Daoming Si and here I thought deep down somewhere you actually had a decent heart"

I turned around walking up the stairs. I could hear Si's chair fall down as he must've stood up fast,"Kiara Wait—"

"where are you going?" Quinghe questioned.

"Hey we need to decide what the loser gets!" Si yelled.

I waved them off sighing,"Yeah just post it on the board like you usually do. I'm gonna go eat"

I walked out the doors with loud chatter suddenly stopping as I ignored their looks and calmly made me way down to the cafeteria.

With the day passing it went by smoothly as I was now home pampering myself. I was getting ready for bed when my butler Mr.Kim entered the room bowing,"Ms.Huang I have the fresh orchids you ordered ready for tomorrow"

I sighed nodding,"Thank you Mr.Kim. It seems like tomorrow is taking forever to come"

"How come?"

"I just want to get it over with. It's not easy visiting your Mothers grave when it's both her birthday and death date" I explained putting down my brush on the desk and walked over to the calendar and marked the day off.

Mr.Kim nodded understanding,"Mr.Wang brought me his phone telling me that you received a message on social media. Something about a guy named Si and meeting him at a plaza, explaining it had a connection to a punishment?"

I rolled my eyes,"Just ignore it. I won't be able to attend to whatever monkey shit he wants me to attend to. Send a message to Shancai or Quinghe if they can go for me instead"

"Very well Ms.Huang" he said Boeing before leaving my room.

I slowly walked over to a box that I always keep under my bed. I pulled it out and looked through photos of my Mom and Jia together. Bora was here too.

But the thought of Bora send me chills.

I put the box back and went under my sheets only keeping the lamp beside my bed on. I bit my lip turning to my side and stared down at my bandaged palm.

Hopefully, nothing can ruin what comes tomorrow. I can't let anyone distract me, not even NY.