Flash to the Past-Part 1

"Jia are you serious!?" I sighed annoyed as kept teasing me about Jisoo, my crush.

"It's your fault for telling me" she shrugged.

"I hate you for this. Just cause your the older sister doesn't mean you get to mess with me"

"Because I'm the older sister does mean I get to mess with you dumbass" she scoffed slightly pushing my head back.

I pushed her hand away about to push her more but her friends suddenly came over. They began to ask her multiple questions as I was pushed to the side.

I glared at them fixing my uniform navy blue skirt before going into the library to read a book.

During our childhood, Jia was always the social one. I always had problems talking to people. I didn't have much friends growing up. The only thing people know me as is Jias sister, who could be very mean.

That's why a lot of people didn't talk to me. Cause they never wanted to be on my bad side.

It was a daily routine between Jia and I. To mess with each other, for her to give me advice on things I would need to know. It didn't stop, even when our horrible Dad transferred me to the night school classes while during the day I modeled and did other activities.

Jia always found a way to talk to me. But most of the time I didn't respond back.

When morning came I was sleeping in bed, by night time I was doing classes while Jia studied and got home from school.

Our Mom wasn't any better. She was depressed or silent. It was hard to get a word out of her at times without having to speak of business.

It was just Jia and I.

"Dad I've had enough of this!" Jia screamed one night. I remember I had come home early that time cause a teacher hadn't shown up to my last class so everyone was dismissed.

"Mom doesn't talk to us. We know somethings happened between you two. I had Mei but now you've sent her working day and night. She's been losing so much weight. Have you not called a doctor for her? She looks like a skeleton"

"Jia why are you arguing when you should be studying!? I've had enough. Go to your room, your Mother and sister don't need to hear the things your thinking of. Cause no one will listen to unimportant thoughts" our Dad argued.

I hesitantly had peaked into the room seeing him sit behind his brown polished desk I had never touched with a stack of paper and computer there.

Jia who looked beyond heart broken had left the room.

I slowly went through another set of hallways to find her in her room. I tucked a hair behind my ear and fixed my composure.

Come on Kiara, your 17 for gods sake. You don't need to act like a little girl anymore.

I cleared my throat and put on a smile while knocking the door,"Jia it's me, Mei. I'm home early since I got a class off. Are you in there?"

After hearing no response I bit my lip conflicted,"Are you asleep?"

Again no response.

I dropped my hands to the side nodding a bit sad,"Alright goodnight."

I was an idiot for leaving that night. I should've known that Jia was acting different not just because of that argument. But because something else was happening..

"Kiara what are you doing here?" One of Jias friends questioned as they saw me hold a bag of food.

I had ditched my whole schedule to hang out with Jia. I knew I was going to face great consequences but I didn't want to think about that right now.

"I came to hang out with Jia. Have you guys seen her?"

The two glanced between each other. It seemed like they took a long while to answer that I walked up to them annoyed,"Did you both not hear what I asked you? Are you making me repeat myself?" I glared.

Jias friend with the long dark hair with bangs instantly shook her head,"No, no, we think Jia went out to the court yard"

"Yeah.."

Something seemed off.

I slowly nodded leaving them and went out to the court yard finding no one. I sighed annoyed. Where was she at?

I pulled my phone and pulling it to my ear as I could hear Jias ring tone near by.

Huh so she's around here..

I followed the sound of her ringtone, leading me to the side of the school where I saw a group of girls surround someone.

I made my way up to them as I saw a girl push Jia against a tree with her cheek bruised and lip cut.

I widened my eyes shocked. What the hell? What happened to Jias face? What were they doing to her?

"Look at that, the use to be class president now an outcast. Guess that's what happens when you mess with things that aren't your business." The girl taunted with her two friends laughing.

I tightened my fist as the girl pulled Jias hair and slapped her across the face.

"Hey!" I screamed.

They all turned to me as I put the food down"Do you know who I am? Do you know who your messing with!?" I marched up to them pushed the girl to the ground.

The girls friends went to grab me but instantly kicked one in the vagina and the other in the stomach.

"Mei Stop!" Jia begged but ignored her looked down at the main girl.

"Get up" I ordered.

The girl scoffed but the scene of her slapping Jia angered me. I grabbed her collar and slammed her to the tree,"Who the hell are you to mess with my family? Haven't you heard of me? Not to ever get on my bad side?"

"I'm new here!" She struggled under my grip.

"Well let me tell you something new girl, you mess with my sister your messing with me. If I ever see you touching my sister like that again—" I was stopped as Jia had pulled me away from her that I stumbled back shock.

It was the first time I had ever seen her like that.

Jia had become someone that I no longer knew.