I Still Wonder The Same Thing

After waking up from that dream, I went to the bathroom to splash cold water on my face. I noticed the dark circles under my eyes were beginning to form. And Mrs.Yu was right I was paler. My tan skin was still tan but not as much compared to the beginning of the 1st semester at Midge University.

God, who was I becoming?

I didn't bother changing out of my dark red velvet high shorts and my velvet spaghetti strap top. I walked out the bathroom seeing Lei leaning against the wall. He stared out the window with a glass of orange juice in his hand.

"Morning" my voice slightly croaked.

Lei turned to me,"You're awake? You slept for 12 hours. Are you sure your not sick?"

"I'm not sick."

I sat down at the round table seeing much more food than I thought I'll be able to digest,"You prepared a lot of food."

Lei sat down, handing me a cup of coffee,"I got this for you."

I nodded, forcing a smile out,"Thanks."

I took a sip and when seeing Lei extend my phone I pulled the cup of coffee away,"My phone.."

He gave me a stern look,"Don't disappear again. You should have your phone with you at all times."

"Okay" my voice turned to a small whisper. I took the phone from his hands as I almost flinched by how cold my phone was.

I took a gulp of my coffee, ignoring how the hot beverage burned my throat.

"Thank you for everything that you've done. I don't know how to express my gratitude more" I said, looking down to my fingers.

"You've said that already."

"Because it's true." I bit my lower lip,"So much has happened being here in London. It all feels strange.."

"Daoming Si made you feel this way."

His name, I didn't want to think about it. The way it sounded off his tongue. He made it sound easy to say.

"Yeah.."I mumbled.

Lei sighed,"I heard that the Daoming Group is facing some trouble right now. Other business groups are trying to acquire their shares. And your Dad.."

"What about my Dad?" I said, my voice suddenly becoming loud that it surprised me and maybe even Lei.

"Your Dad is trying to acquire their shares too" he answered.

Is that why Daoming Si couldn't look at me in the face? Because of my Dad? I don't know anymore. I feel exhausted.

"There's not much I can do about my Dad" I admitted,"My Dad has never listened to me through my whole life. I doubt he would listen to me especially if it was about his business."

Lei paused, like as if he was trying to find the right words,"I'm sorry."

I turned to him, frowning,"You don't have to be sorry. It is what it is. I just don't understand why we can't be a normal couple. Why do we have to go this cycle of make up, break up, repeat. I'm tired of it. I don't know what to do anymore. Its exhausting having to have this conversation with you repeatedly, Lei. I shouldn't have to put you through all of this." I pushed my cup of coffee away. I scrambled off the chair and went off to the balcony to feel some fresh air.

And to get this nauseas feeling away.

I could feel Lei's presence beside me as he leaned against the wall. Staring at the city view like I was doing.