We're Gonna Live

"Do you think things ended well?" Kiara curiously wondered to Daoming Si, who sat across from her. After two days from that whole event with Ximen and Xiaoyou, Kiara hadn't heard a thing from Shancai or from Xiaoyou. She knew it wasn't really her business to ask about it but she was curious.

"I don't know, did you ask Shancai?" Si questioned, while the two were eating their breakfast in a nice restaurant that reminded her of a somewhat retro diner.

"No, I feel like it's not my business to know but I'm kinda concerned, kinda curious, you know?" She said, before taking a bite out of her steak.

With the juicy meat being savored into her mouth, Kiara smiled down at the food,"Seeing you eat good makes it look twice as good" Si chuckled to her.

Kiara grinned up at him,"Well it is really good. Eat up."

He nodded,"You know, out of all the girls I know nobody is as confident with what they eat nor are they lively as you are when you eat. Not my mom, sister or Jing."

"What can I say, we only live once, we might as well enjoy the food, and besides you probably haven't seen how they react to food when they eat it cause the tables are so long! Haven't you noticed in my house that I don't have those long tables? I have those huge round ones" Kiara explained,"They're probably focused eating enough to not notice everyone around them."

"Then how should we eat?"

After chewing on another piece of meat, Kiara put her fork down and clasped her hands together,"Well you just eat more closer. Whenever I was in Singapore I'd eat with the chiefs in my house and we'd just gather all together and eat, since I was practically a loner. But the most ideal situation is when eating the Chongqing hot pot. It's in the middle of the table, where everyone is surrounding it and is within their reach. The atmosphere is a lot like South Korean restaurants. Everyone's faces are red and happy." 

Daoming Si beamed,"That sounds interesting. But we each had our own hot pots."

Kiara nodded, reminding her of her childhood, back when she lived with her Dad,"Oh, I know that. It use to be like whenever I was kid but I could never finish the hot pot since I was always busy. I always shared with the maids that never got paid enough"

"I value the way you treat others with kindness" he said, Kiara shrugged sheepishly.

Suddenly an idea came to mind.

"Daoming Si, next time we should get a hot pot"

Si smiled agreeing,"Sure."

After some time eating, Kiara was now eating her mini chocolate fudge, ice cream desert that was nearly finished. Si took a sip of his bitter coffee,"Are you full?"

Kiara nodded,"Yup."

"Bill, please" Si called one of the servers.

Kiara wiped her mouth with a clean napkin before setting it on the table, staring at Si who was handing the server his phone to pay,"Si where should we go after this? Do you wanna come with me to a dance practice or should we do something else?"

"Doesn't matter, whatever you want"

"Password, please" the server asked, handing Si his phone.

Si took his phone and typed his password. When hearing a odd buzzing sound the server looked to Si,"Sorry, sir, can you try again?"

He did exactly that. Kiara frowned when hearing the server say it didn't work.

"Is your machine broken?" Si questioned.

"I have a suggestion. We have a Ultimate Friday promo for BODCOM credit cards"

"You know I'll just pay" Kiara quickly said, taking out her credit card, and handing it to the lady. She bowed and used her card to pay.

Si's face saddened, when the server gave Kiara back her card, Kiara followed Si who had gotten up from the table. When exiting they stood right outside the place seeing Si look into deep thought.

"My mom has started taking action" he blurted out.

Kiara widened her eyes,"W—What" She stammered.

"My mobile payment doesn't work. My credit cards might not work either. This isn't right, it's impossible."

She had to think carefully, Kiara didn't want to take steps back because of his mom. She promise Si that they would fight for this together. But doing this alone wasn't to just work. Who would she turn to though?

"Hey, Daoming Si, look at me" she said, Si turned his direction to her,"Well figure this out, okay? We're gonna stay strong and find a way to get past your mom. You've taught me that running away isn't a option anymore. So we won't do that, and we'll prove that to her" she grabbed his arm, and began to drag him away.

They came to a decent looking mall and went straight to the arcade room. They began to play these fast driving car game that Kiara was actually winning at. They played all these other games that involved Si messing with Kiara in attempt to make her lose.

She would get tackled his tickles that cause her to giggle out loudly, causing people to look at them weirdly. But Kiara didn't care, she was having the time of her life, just being with Si.

After the two had enough arcade games, Kiara had left to grab them drinks. When she came back to him they decided to go to a park which was where they were now.

Kiara sat beside him on a bench staring up ahead at a lake.

"I haven't had this much fun in a long time" Kiara beamed,

"It's good that you're happy. I hate to see you when your sad"

Kiara looked back at him assuringly,"Well all I can tell you is I'm perfectly happy." When looking down at her phone she realized it was getting late,"Si, I should get going. I have to go to a meeting. I'm planning on getting a internship at a fashion company."

Si features brightened,"Are you serious? That's amazing!" He stood up extending his hand to her,"Tomorrow we'll do something to celebrate."

Kiara nodded, grabbing his hand to help her stand up, now that she wasn't wearing crunches anymore her ankle still feels sore every now and then.

With Si walking her to her house, they soon made it to her door where she smiled at him feeling her cheeks blush a light tone of pink,"Well I should go. I'll call you later."

She gave him a peck on the lips before entering her house, unable to remove the grand smile on her face.