Marriage?

"Kiara let's get married"

I inhaled a gasp,"W—What?" I stuttered in shock. Was he seriously asking me to marry him? Right now, at this place?

I examined his face carefully,"I want us to be together. I'm done making excuses for my moms behalf. This is my life I should be the one to control it within my will power. We'll get out of here and leave my mom."

"Is he asking him to marry her?" Sudden voices whispered all around. I lightly gasped looking around seeing the strangers at this park were talking about us, going close to their friends or families ears to say more.

I can't think, not here,"I'm sorry Si, I can't" these words seemed hard to spill out of my mouth. Si face dropped but I quickly hurried out of the park, hearing his footsteps right behind me,"Kiara, I don't understand."

He managed to get in front of me, immediately stopping me,"I'm sorry my mind just fogged up" I excused putting my head down.

"It's fine but.." his voice trailed off as I felt tears being to well up in my eyes. Damn it, I didn't want to cry, all I do is cry,"Why are you crying?" He asked, putting his hand onto my cheek that was spilling tears.

"No, sorry it's stupid" I blurted out loud, trying to wipe the tears. He frowned, watching me carefully,"Kiara what's wrong?"

"I can't marry you" I said, feeling like the words were more harsher than I intended it to be,"What, Why not?"

There were a lot of reasons why, even though I want to,"Well for one, I feel like it's all too sudden. Si I haven't even finished college yet" I continued on,"And..your mom."

He frowned,"But I just said—"

"I know what you said Si" I paused, sitting down on the bench where he joined me,"But it's a big step meaning we'd always be together. Forever and always, and your mom doesn't want that. Cause if you choose me it means in her eyes your choosing me over the Daoming Group, and if you choose the Daoming Group.."

His cool fingers brushed up against my cheek bones, I laughed with no humor behind it,"I don't want you to have to choose Si. I grew up with a family that never really cared about me. Your lucky that your Moms still by your side. You shouldn't have to choose between us" I looked into his sad eyes,"I'm not gonna put that pressure on you. I'm sorry" my voice fell to a whisper as I lowered my head to have my hair cover up my face.

Besides he doesn't know what happened earlier...
(Before Kiara Left The Hospital)

I scrambled off the bed, with Mrs.Choa handing me my clothes to change into. I thanked her and hurried to the bathroom since I couldn't take another second of being tied down to a bed with nothing to do.

I put on a pair of skinny jeans with a peach color hoodie. I fixed my messy, dangled up hair before splashing water onto my face.

I've been losing more weight than I thought. Hopefully I don't get sick.

I opened up the door, fixing the hoodie that seemed a little wrinkled,"Alright Mrs.Choa let's go" I sighed, looking up, seeing Mrs.Choa with a cold stone face. I frowned confused,"What's wrong?"

Mrs.Choa gave me a warning look as she stepped to the side, seeing Mrs.Daoming with her personal assistant that I met the night I broke up with Si.

What was she doing here?

"Mrs.Daoming, What can I do for you?" I questioned, liking the way my voice sounded so brave.

I set the hospital clothes onto the neatly done bed as she began to speak,"I admire your bravery for choosing to be the one to get stabbed rather than my son."

I raised my perfectly arched eyebrow up,"I see that you two have not given each other up"she went on.

"Si and I have done everything we can to be apart. But in the end we just always seem to find our way back to each other" I told her.

She nodded, crossing her arms,"You may be with him now but in the future it will no longer be accepted."

My body tensed as I looked up at her eyes that showed no hint of emotion,"My husband has spent years to create the Daoming Group and its power. It's my job to take care of it before I hand it to Daoming Si. He doesn't need to have distractions from doing what's right."

I opened my mouth but she instantly beat me to it,"You see this ring?" She asked, I looked down to her left hand that had what I assume her wedding ring. The ring was beautiful I had to admit. It had a big diamond in the middle but it wasn't a big pop out, with baubles surrounding it.

"My husband gave this to me, not as a hand me down, of course, because his mother didn't approve of our marriage. His Mom taught me that mothers will always know best for their children and for everyone around"

I frowned,"And I know about your family history Miss Huang" she began to come closer to me, for once in this state I felt so weak, I couldn't say anything back, she was having the control for this entire conversation,"I understand you didn't have a mother to always be at your side with her leaving so soon and with that I apologize. But I'm here to tell you that—"

I stared wide eyes at her as she stepped closer to me, I stepped back but she managed to put her child shivering hand on my cheek that made me want to seat it away, yet I stayed out, like a statue,"I will do what's best for my children. I already know Daoming Si doesn't need someone like you. You are the Daoming Groups rival. Which leads me to tell you that, no matter how hard you try to be at his side, and the attempts you two try to disobey me, you will never be enough for him."

———————-
Daoming Si's mom's ring

———————- Daoming Si's mom's ring