Ten, No Five

With the ocean breeze hitting my skin I tugged onto the white cardigan I had on and walked through the sand noticing Lei in the distance

What's he doing here? Shouldn't he be in bed? I shook my head mentally. I'm such a hypocrite.

Hesitantly, I made my way up to him. He stared at the ocean. He didn't bother looking at me so I kneeled down beside him seeing the emotionless expression written all over him.

He seemed so different compared to how I saw him earlier in the day. Then again he's been different ever since he came back to Paris..

"Lei..what's up? Why are you out here so late? Are you down about something? Did something happen back in Paris?" I began with all these questions.

I wanted to stop myself. I was being noisy. But I couldn't help it. Seeing him like this just made me want to wash the unhappiness away.

He turned to me asking,"Are you worried about me?"

Yes, I am.

"It's normal for..friends to care and worry. Isn't it?" I said hoping he'd believe the excuse. I looked away bitting my lower lip,"Did something happen between you and Jìng?"

Lei didn't reply but rested his head on my shoulder. I froze surprised. My heart began to thump at this simple move.

"Ten minutes. No, five minutes is enough"

I frowned,"Lei what's wrong?"

"I'm fine during the day but I can't deal with it at night. Can you give me a hug?"

The pain, I could feel it. I knew something must've been tearing him that badly that he asked me for a hug. I didn't want Lei to be like this.

I nodded wrapping my arms him.

"You should be asking that girl your always with to be touching you instead" I tried to lighten the mood.

"I don't want to be touched by women I don't know"

Whoa..this is the first time I've seen Lei so vulnerable.

"Kiara..I found out that Jìng doesn't need me. Jìng and I lived in Paris together for a while. I still remember the look on her face when she saw me that day. We stayed at home while we were free. We never got tired of it. It was our own little world.. It was the best time of my life. But it didn't last long. She went to school during the day and interned at a law firm at night. She smiled less and less. She became more tired. She built a wall around her. Even if I turned the air on I couldn't find a way in."

I remained silent letting Lei continue on,"I was slightly autistic before. Jìng let me out of the shadows of autism. But I never changed. I was still the child who hid in the corner. I couldn't do anything for the girl I loved."

Slowly letting go, I sat on my butt fully facing him. No wonder why Lei had changed so much. He was heartbroken, and just like he said I can't do anything for the guy I love.

"I'm sorry, I don't know why I'm telling you all this" he apologized,"But thank you for listening."

I smiled nodding. Moments later we didn't bother unerring a word. Except for a goodbye since Lei was now telling me to go to bed.

I began to walk to the room trying to process all the things Lei had told me. I wondered if this was really going to change him for the rest of his life.

Walking closer to the hotel, I then saw Si who looked so worried. I wondered what was up with him.

"Where did you go? Why weren't you picking up?" He rushed to me.

I raised an eyebrow feeling extremely tired,"I couldn't sleep so I took a walk out to the beach" I yawned,"I left my phone in the room."

"Idiot. Couldn't you leave a note?"

"You we're asleep Si. I didn't think you'd wake up" I tiredly said.

"All right don't worry. It's fine now" Ximen calmed Si.

"If you do that again, Kiara I'll—"

"You'll what?" I questioned.

"Kiara, do you know what Si did? He came to our room and yelled,"Kiara drowned in the ocean!"Mei Zou laughed,"But we had to come and look for you" his laughing immediately stopped.

Si awkwardly looked away,"Stop it. Go to bed" he spoke to the two.

Mei Zou wrapped his arm around Ximens shoulders,"Fine. We all know who Si loves. Well give them privacy."

"Let's go."

I ignored them walking away as Si and I looked to each other. Si grabbed my hand annoyed,"What are you still doing here. Go to bed."

He began to drag me but I pulled back,"Si my feet hurt."

He sighed,"That's what you get for taking a walk."

"No, no, can you carry me?" I asked nicely.

"No your heavy."

"Please" I begged leaning my head on his arm. I truly was tired I didn't care if I were to sleep on the ground anymore.

"Alright..Fine" he gave in picking me up bridal style to our room. I leaned my head on his warm shoulder and closed my eyes drifting off into a slumber.