Bretrayal

We stood at the center of my grand living room knowing from above the balcony many of my staff members were peaking in

My Dad however wasn't focused on them but on me. He looked at me from head to toe.

Never once did I feel uncomfortable with what I was wearing. Until now. Especially since I still have all this red stuff on me.

"Give us some privacy please" I stiffly said. The maids in the living room nodded leaving.

I nervously bit my lower lip with my Dad crossing his arms at me,"Your eyes are red, your clothes are ruined, you've been having a broken phone, you went missing. Things are going good for you here?"

"I don't need you to tease me right now" I said slightly hugging my sides.

"When I heard you went missing I knew I had to come here."

I raised an eyebrow,"Is that so? Why do I feel like there's more?"

He awkwardly looked away and pulled his phone out and showed me the picture of me. Oh no.

"I can explain" I stammered.

My Dad glared putting his phone away,"and what is that Kiara? That because of this photo you were careless to let others know? This photo has now caused chaos within my branches of communication in Singapore, China, South Korea and Dubai."

"I just found out about the photo yesterday. You can easily tell that's my room, someone an in this house and took that photo claiming to be my friend" I defended.

"Then I'll get to the bottom of it"

"There's no need. I have it under control. I've been doing much better compared to when I was in Singapore with you" I snapped.

He growled,"Don't talk to me like that Kiara."

I laughed feeling tears spring to my eyes,"Again with this? When will you learn that I have lost respect for you? I told you we share blood nothing else"

"I can easily make everything you have right now go away" he threatened.

"Then do it! I don't care about the riches Dad. I never did. I cared about my family and friends. No matter what you take away it won't ever be as bad as to what you did to me!" I screamed.

"What did I do to you that you didn't deserve!?"

"Everything!" I cried,"You treated me like a product, had me convinced that the emotions I felt were stupid."

"Huang Mei!" He yelled my Chinese name.

I ignored him and continued to yell,"You made Mom suffer throughout her marriage with you, made Jia think she was always alone. They're dead.I almost tried to kill myself! If anything maybe they're dead because of you"

My Dad raised his hand up and slapped me across the face.

My head whipped to the side as the taste of metallic blood went to my mouth. I slowly turned to my Dad with fiery eyes that began to blur because of the tears threatening to spill.

My Dad sighed closing his eyes shut putting his hand into a fist,"I'm tired of you disrespecting me Mei. You stepped it over a line calling me a murder"

"I never wanted this. You made me like this. How can I treat you with respect when you don't treat me like your own daughter? Does my life really mean nothing to you?" My voice toned down.

My Dad opened his mouth but I shook my head stepping away from him,"Don't, I already know your answer. No matter what you do I know you won't disown me. Cause you care too much about your image and what people think, and don't call me Mei. Mom and Jia were the only ones to call me that."

I walked away and went straight to my room quickly changing into a pair of clean clothes. I fought the urge to cry. My Dad wasn't worth crying over.

He wasn't worth it.

I leaned against the wall avoiding the mirror at all costs since I didn't want to look at my burning cheek.

At this moment I cared about my Dad leaving. Nothing else.