The Bad News

Another night that was restless. This pattern of going to school, doing homework, talking to the fashion company, and going through a night where I struggled to sleep had been going on for what seemed like ages. When really it had only been a week.

It was all because of that talk I had with Daoming Si. Ever since I told him all that, he's been trying to be at my side the best that he's could. We've gone out to a bunch of dates and he's slept here a couple times but as the week passed I only saw him little by little. To the point of being now that I have no idea where he was. He hasn't been answering my calls for two days straight and its made me worry that somethings happened.

Lei, Ximen, and Mei Zou came to my place last night assuring that they'd go check up on him. I haven't heard anything from them since. All I could do was just sit on my bed waiting for my phone to ring.

I could hear footsteps outside my door. I frowned, listening closely. But there no point. My door had opened a crack with a head popping in.

"Miss Huang your friends are here to see you" It was one of my maids.

I nodded,"Thank you, I'll be down shortly."

She bowed before leaving as I changed into a black mini skirt with a grey knitted sweater on top, leaving my messy curls lose. I made my way downstairs hearing my maids offer them some drinks.

"Tea please" Ximen said.

"Have you guys heard anything?" I immediately questioned once I entered my main living room, where they sat on the soft, grey couch. Ximen, Lei, Mei Zou, and surprisingly Xiaozi. They each stood up looking at me nervously.

No, please don't say something bad happened.

"What is it?" I questioned, demanding,"I can take it just tell me. Please" I begged, looking at each of their faces carefully.

Ximen was the first one to speak,"Kiara, according to Mrs.Daoming's plans, Xiaozi and Si are going to get married."

The nightmare I expected has come true. I don't feel as sick to the stomach as I usually would. But I still feel hurt. Like my saliva that I'm trying hard swallow has turned to a rock, struggling to let it go so that I can breathe calmly.

"Kiara you know this isn't what I want" Xiaozi said to me. I bit my lower lip, contemplating on what to say. But nothing is coming to mind. What the hell am I suppose to say in this incident? Thank you for telling me this? Congrats?

This wasn't how things were suppose to end, yet I expected it to happen.

"Kiara" she said a soft quiet voice,"I know you won't believe anything I say. But, can I ask you a favor? Please let go of Daoming Si."

My mind went blank. I looked up at her own chocolate eyes that swirled with sentimental,"We all know this wedding is going to happen. When he found out Si didn't eat or drink anything. I see what's happening to him! He's getting worse and worse. We all tried to talk some sense into him. But he won't listen to us. If his starvation continues on he could die" she sobbed,"I beg you, just—just talk to him and tell him to stop. He'll only listen to you—"

Her words were going around in my head. Hearing that he could die suddenly made me gasp out loudly. The boys looked at me concerned. I grimaced in pain, putting my hand to my chest,"Kiara what's wrong?"

He can't die, if he does, I can't—

"Kiara!"

"Miss Huang!" My maids screamed as I felt my knees weaken. I stumbled down to the ground with Lei falling to his knees to support me. I hit my chest with my hand repeatedly to stop this panic attack.

"What's happening?"Mei Zou questioned concerned.

"She's experiencing a panic attack" Lei answered, staring at me scared.

I gasped for air repeatedly, gripping onto my sweater feeling sweat tremble down my forehead.

"Leave this instant!" Mrs.Choa demanded them, never once hearing her boom like that before,"You have all pressured her into this state. I cannot stand by and watch this anymore"

"Miss Huang calm down" my maids whispered in front of me as my hands were shaking my crazy. I need to calm down, I need to calm down.

"I'm sorry, I think it's best if you leave" I heard Mr.Wang tell them.

"No" my voice trembled. What am I doing? I should be resting? I don't know if I can talk through all of this. Hesitatingly I stood up wincing at the shivers that were hitting me like waves,"Get the car ready Mr.Wang" I ordered.

Mrs.Choa stared at me in disbelief,"Miss Huang I forbid it, you must rest."

"I can't just sit here and let him torture himself!" I screamed,"Not another word from any of you" I ordered giving Mrs.Choa a warning.

I looked to the four weakly agreeing,"I—I'll go. But I won't have Mrs.Daoming see me. You guys have to sneak me in there."