Exchanging Vows

(Second to last chapter)

5 months later..

"Kiara!"

My eyes flew open. I stared at my reflection seeing Mira who wore a drop dead gorgeous navy blue dress that shaped her curves perfectly. She stood behind me, with her hands in my hair to style it into a French braid that would form to a bun,"What?" I questioned, wanting to rub my eyes but remembered that she had just done my concealer.

"Did you sleep at all last night?" Mira asked,"You look like a corpse."

No, I didn't sleep. I was so nervous. Last night I had a nightmare about this day, that I was going to be left on the alter all alone. With all eyes burning into my soul and laughing at how foolish I was to believe this all could happen,"It must be wedding jitters" I excused, exhaling through my nostrils.

I remember 5 months ago, after Daoming Si proposed he wanted to get married right away but I told him I wanted to wait. At least a year. But he with his stubborn mind didn't agree to it. He wondered what was the use of waiting more. However, I told him that I wanted our wedding to not seem rush. Again Si didn't understand why but it was because my old self loved parties and I wanted my once in a life time wedding to be perfect and meaningful. So when explaining to Si all my reasons he ultimately agreed.

We came to the agreement that we'd get married five months later and now today was that day.

"Just relax. You want a drink to help you?"

"I don't drink."

"Right" she mumbled,"But why didn't you sleep?" she asked,"Was it a nightmare or are you really nervous?"

"Both."

"Well what about?" She pressed on. Why was she that eager to know?

I sighed, feeling shivers at the thought of the nightmare,"It's dumb" I tried to brush off. But she gave me a look that said I better tell her. I looked down to my painted silver shining nails,"That maybe despite all of this effort, Si doesn't want to get married."

Mira snorted,"Please if anything he's dying to get married to you. That's all he been talking about. Plus you and Si have been extremely happy together these past months."

Well she wasn't wrong,"You don't get it Mira" I simply told her,"People change their minds. I wouldn't be surprised if he left me like everyone else."

Her hands froze while doing my hair. She raised her eyebrow giving me a stern look,"Kiara, have faith in him. Isn't that what he's always asked of you? To return his love and to believe in him? You may be scared but if anything I think Si is scared that you don't want to get married to him."

What the hell, that is ridiculous,"Of course I wanna marry him"

She gave me a pointed look,"Exactly. I bet Si is most likely having that conversation with F4 right now."