Part 3

After our little hangout session inside the coffee shop, we started to bond more but I was still shy around Joel's friends. It was great to meet Joel's new friends, made me feel like I need to find my own girlfriends just so I can show Joel that I made friends too.

Dear ego, I need to show my best friends that I am not a loner in college.

Joel kept giving looks that are filled with curiosity. I think he knows what was up with my attitude around his friend Christopher. Yeah he knows everything about me, the way I act, my hobbies and literally everything. I mean how can you blame him? We know each other ever since we were like inside our mom's tummy.

Joel placed his arm around my shoulder while we were walking down the street with his friends.

Joel leaned in closer to my left ear and whispered, "Chris and I will be playing video games tomorrow at my place. Mind to join?" He has this weird smirk plastered on his face that it made me want to kick his butt.

I rolled my eyes at him, "I have something to do tomorrow." I responded.

Joel raised a brow at me, "Oh that's too bad, Chris! Buddy. Valerie said she will be with us tomorrow playing video games. She's asking you if you don't mind letting her join us because she really wants to go but she is shy around you." He looked at me with a playful smile.

I stood there like an idiot, shocked with what Joel just said. He embarrassed me in front of his friends. I couldn't believe this idiot friend of mine would do such thing, first of all I never even want to come to their stupid video game thingy but he was making me sound so highly desperate for it.

My eyes widened looking at Christopher and I awkwardly laughed, "Joel was just kidding, Besides I have something to do tomorrow." I said.

Christopher pouted, he looked like a five year old at that point. "Aww, I wish you would come with us to hang out at Joel's place tomorrow. We'll bring snacks." He said, his voice sounded like he was pleading which was sort of cute but at the same time I am not going.

His puppy eyes were looking right in mine, I think I will faint in any second because his eyes are so mesmerizing and breathtaking.

I scratched my head, "Well hmm.. I guess I could try to come." I said, what the hell. Why did I just say that?

Christopher smiled, he came closer to me to ruffled my hair.

"What Joel said was right, you are cute. See you tomorrow then Valerie." He said.

I nodded, "Yeah sure." My voice cracked a little and that was because I was so shy.

Joel offered his hand to me with a teasing look on his face, I rolled my eyes. I grabbed his hand and hold it really tight that it made him winced in pain.

"Ouch! A little tight right there sister." Juan said.

"I released my grip and whispered , "I will kill you later."

Joel shrugged, "You know this is the time you should say thank you tooo me because I am your wing man. " He said and for sure he knew that I had a crush on Christopher that was why he was teasing me for it and it was just the first day meeting Christopher.

Thank God, Christopher and the other guys were too busy talking to each other so they didn't hear what Joel just said.

"What the heck are you talking about?" I gulped.

He blew hot air, "Val, I know you. All too well. You don't act like that around guys but just now with Christopher. That was something else, I know you are interested in him. Let me guess, love at first sight?" He teased me by pinching my cheek.

I slapped his arm, "Shut up, you know nothing." I defended myself.

When Joel was about to say something.

Erick interrupted us, "Guys, can I ask a question for the both of you? If you two are like a couple or something? I mean it's rare to find a boy and a girl that can be just friends. Perhaps you two have a crush on each other?" He asked.

Me and Joel looked at each other then we laughed so hard that it made my stomach hurts, Joel clapped his hands while laughing at Erick's opinion. He assumed way too much, me and Joel are like brothers and sisters.

Falling in love? That would be disgusting.

Joel pretended like he was going to vomit, which was overdramatic for me. I slapped his arm again, that was quite insulting for me because it was like he was calling me ugly.

"Erick, she's my best friend. We will never fall in love with each other. That's just wrong and weird at the same time." He said.

I nodded in agreement, "Yeah that's true, who would want to fall in love with a boy who is so annoying and weird and never falls in love and the only girl he knows is me and oh not to mentioned he even pee when he was .." Before I could even continue, Joel covered my mouth with his palm so that I couldn't embarrassed him in front of his friends. I can embarrassed him by spilling the tea about his childhood.

"That's enough." Joel  said.

The boys laughed looking at us both.

"You two are adorable." Christopher smiled.

My eyes softened just by looking at his smile, Joel let go of his palm from my mouth. I think I got mesmerized with Christopher's smile. That was like the most beautiful smile I have ever seen in my entire life.

He is indeed a beautiful boy.

Joel poked my arm with his index finger, "Dude stop it , you're gonna make it way to obvious for him. You're blushing right now." He said.

I shook my head and get back to reality, "Oh okay." I murmured.

After that short walk, me and Joel bid goodbye to the boys. I took my skateboard and skated all the way to my house.

While I was skating, I kept seeing Christopher's face inside my mind. He was so handsome and cute and that smile was breathtaking. I never believed in love at first sight but after seeing Christopher, I think I do now.

I shook my head, oh my goodness Valerie.

IT WAS JUST A LITTLE CRUSH!