Part 77

《 I hope y'all are safe and healthy.

Here are some songs for this chapter :

I miss you, I'm sorry - Gracie Abrams
Stay - Gracie Abrams
Wedding dress - Taeyang
If I go, I'm going - Gregory Alan Isakov 》

Well it was the second day of shooting and Christopher's little cousin is actually doing a pretty good job.

He is indeed very natural, effortlessly cool, videogenic and photogenic. Blessed genes coming from the Velez family.

"Great job everybody, that's a wrap for today. Go home and rest." I said and then Chris came to me with a cup of coffee in his hand.

"You care for a dinner later with me and my little peasant of a cousin?" He asked and I rolled my eyes at him.

"Alright but you need to give me a lift. I went here by a cab." I said.

He nodded, "No problema señorita."

The español jumped out.

We were waiting for Ben to changed into his normal clothes.

"I keep up with Athena just to ask you how you've been." He smiled a little with his head down.

Why do we end up like this? Why can I still feel like my heart sink when he told me that.

I have a husband now, the past is in the past and let's leave it there.

I cleared my throat, "You don't have to check up on me. I'm obviously happy with Felix now."

Those brown eyes looked in mine, I saw the pain and disappointment in his eyes. I know him all too well, when he is sad, his face shows it.

"That's good." He said.

Ben suddenly appeared while coughing a little, "Hmm we're going or nah?" He asked and Chris gestured him to go with us.

I followed them from behind.

Why did I agree to get dinner with him? Do I still care about his life or whatever he is dealing with right now?

Hence, he is not inside the picture anymore even though I wish he is.

....

Dinner was okay, Ben kept going on with the conversation about his last camping trip and a girl he has a crush on.

I am so annoyed with Chris roasting his little cousin again and again about the crush he has for the girl from his school.

And then Chris asked me if we could hangout again just me and him and I agreed.

Just because I'm not in a relationship with him as a lover doesn't mean I can't be friends with him.

Am I right? I have this confusion inside my head. Why can't avoid him? He always appears out of nowhere in my life when I least expect him to.

I thought he was long gone after we broke up and after I got married but this handsome bastard is still here making me questioning myself.

We bid goodbye to each other and I gave Ben a warm hug and didn't give one to Chris.

"Thanks for having dinner with us." Ben smiled.

"Anytime, thanks for the dinner Chris. I'll see you around." He nodded then he offered a handshake.

I awkwardly shake his hand and then left the car. I was sitting at the back of the passenger seat so the ride was alright.

....