Part 76

My mom was overly excited for my honeymoon. She helped me to packed so many things inside my luggage.

"I am expecting grandchildren when you and your husband comes back from honeymoon." My mom squealed.

I tried to move on with the whole relationship with Chris. It's not worth it to be sad and depressed about something you cannot change.

This is how my life is going to be and Felix is my husband now and we're going to have a family together someday.

I'm a little bit nervous but I'll be alright. Felix is a great guy and there is nothing he could do to hurt me. He never hurt me physically or emotionally. He's that husband or boyfriend material that every girl wish for.

I am lucky enough to have him.

And yes I lost Christopher but being with Felix is what God has planned for me.

I lost my best friend and I lost my true love too. That truly is tragic but Felix came and fixed all that.

Felix's driver honked and that was the signal that I have to go to the airport with him.

I don't know where we were heading so I just have to wait till we reached our destination.

When I was inside the car with him, he held my hand and smiled at me. Somehow my heart fluttered. Was that a sign that I'm starting to develop feelings for this man?

I'd never expect things like this could happen in my life. I had the audacity to think that I was going to marry Chris.

My phone rang and I checked the caller ID. It was Athena, my buddy Athena. She didn't attend my wedding, one of the main reason because she doesn't lived in NYC.

I answered the phonecall.

"Yo."

"Hey bruh congratulations on your fake ass love pretentious romance wedding and I'm sorry I couldn't help you finish the food on your wedding day." She said.

She's so straightforward.

I giggled, "Thanks and it's totally fine." I said.

"What happened to Chris?" She asked.

I sighed when I heard her mentioned that name. "I'll get over it." I gulped.

It may take a while but I will move on for good eventually. With the help of Felix next to me. I will overcome it.

I'm honestly very glad that I have a best friend that is very direct. I needed that, I need her to roast me and slap me in the face.

"You wanna come over sometime for dinner? After this arranged honeymoon is finished." I said with a sigh.

She laughed, "Damn can't wait though, aight I gotta go. I see you when I see you." She said then I hung up.

....

I didn't realized I was asleep during the flight. I felt a strong hand rested on my thigh and I fluttered my eyes when I see Felix smiled at me.

"Hey sleeping beauty we're here." He said and I stretched out my body. The pilot announced that we're about to land and the excitement in me creeping in.

"We're in Hawaii." My eyes widened.

He nodded then he placed a kiss on my hand, "I hope you like it." He said.

I hugged him, "I love it." Coming to Hawaii has been one of my bucket list and I couldn't believe that Felix took me here for our honeymoon.

The place is beautiful, as we were heading to our resort. I was enjoying the view that we passed while we were inside the car.