Part 14

<< Hello everyone, if you're still here reading this story then I really want to say thank you so much! It means a lot to me. Please continue to support this story. Have a great day everyone. :) >>

Joel messaged me to come to his place because of cupcakes, he thought that I can forgive him after he offered me to eat some cupcakes baked by his mother? He thought that he can pretend that nothing happened, how stupid can he be.

I rolled my eyes after reading his texts, I decided to ignored the invitation and continued with my assignments because clearly my future is more important than my best friend who betrayed me and my crush that broke my heart, big time. This is worst than getting cheat on, not gonna lie.

After spent almost an hour inside the coffee shop, I stretched my body while yawning and then I stared at the window.

My eyes squinted to get a better look on the familiar car parked in front of the coffee shop.

Joel got out of the car and went straight into the coffee shop. I closed my eyes, trying not to burst into anger when I saw him. I wanted to forget about him and Christopher but they always appeared out of nowhere, out of all coffee shop. They went to the same coffee shop that I was in.

I opened my eyes again and I saw him standing right in front of me. I gestured him to sit down and so he did.

He threw his car keys on the table and sighed heavily.

"Look Val, I know I messed up and I know I shouldn't do that to you but please I don't want to lose our friendship, please let's just start over. I promised I won't do this again." He begged.

Me too, I loved him more than anything and I really missed our stupid conversations about nonsense stuff and bickering over random things. I missed my best friend but I couldn't move on the fact that he did something that hurt me so bad.

I shrugged, I was trying to act cold towards him. "I need time to figure this thing out after what you did and I bet Christopher was the one who told you where I am?" I asked him and he shook his head.

"No Val, I didn't ask Chris. I know where you are because this is the place where you always go when you can't hangout with me or when you need a time alone . I am your best friend, I know you more than anyone in this world." He said.

I scoffed disbelief with his statement, of course he knows everything about me because I was always so honest with him meanwhile he lied to me, played with my feelings and hurt me, big time. Did he think I can just move on and forgive him easily?

Feelings are getting hurt.

"Okay but I'm not your best friend anymore." I said.

He rested his palm on his cheek, he looked defeated. "What can I do to make you forgive me so that we can be friends again?" He asked.

He know exactly that I hate him keeping secrets from me and most importantly when he lied to me, if I didn't went to his place and eavesdropped their conversation. I would've been played the whole time because of my own best friend who planned all these crap.

And the worst thing what will happen to me and Christopher if Joel kept forcing him to keep up with his lies and act.

You can't force someone to date or to fall in love.

"You can leave, best friends don't keep secrets." I said without even looking at his face, I was so mad at him and he deserved to rot in hell for hurting my feelings after all these years, I respected him and continue to be his best friend but he did one thing that caused me pain, betrayed my trust.