Part 4

My alarm clock rang so I lazily dragged myself out of bed to start another as a responsible human being.

I received a text from my mother saying she's not going to make it here for my birthday next and I totally understand her situation because she's a career woman and she's handling a lot of businesses, she has clients to take care, meetings to attend, events to attend and a pile of work to do.

Our parents barely have time for us. My mother always apologized to me every time she couldn't celebrate my birthday with me. Which is not surprising or upsetting to me because I got used to that. I respect her schedules and I know her company means a lot to her.

Hence, me and my older sister lived in an apartment, just the two of us. My older sister name is Hailey and she has long beautiful, shiny black hair with beautiful sparkling brown eyes. She's just two year older than me and she was studying business management in university forced by our parents because one day she will be the one who will take over our father's place in his company.

I was aware that she was forcing herself to study in a field where she doesn't have any interests at all but for the sake of our parents she had too sacrificed everything in order to save our family's reputation.

She told me before when we were younger that her dream was to become a model but for sure our parents will be furious and I guarantee that our parents will be angry if she takes that as a career.

I walked into the kitchen and found her drinking coffee on the kitchen counter while flipping through the magazine. "Good morning Hailey." I greeted her then I went straight to the refrigerator to grabbed a bottle of fresh orange juice.

Seemed like my older sister made a delicious looking breakfast for me. Yeah no surprise about that either, she acts like a mother since day one and she frequently cooks dinner for me. Joel joins us for dinner too.

"Good morning Val. How's everything in college?" She asked.

I sighed, staring at the sandwich. I was trying to figure out what to tell my sister about my first year in college. If I was being honest, I didn't enjoy it because I couldn't get along with anyone from my class.

"College is fine but I am still having a hard time to make friends since no one is genuinely good there. Everyone in my class is just meh." I said.

She pouted , "You know, you can try to get the same course as Joel and then transfer to his university instead. " She winked. She was one of the people that shipped me with Juan since forever and I wanted to puke every time she teased me about Juan because Juan is like a brother to me.

I rolled my eyes at her, "Whatever, you should go now or else you're gonna be late missy." I said.

She stuck her tongue out at me, "Blah blah blah.. I only want to hangout with Joel because he's my best friend blah blah blah." She mocked me while she was walking out from the front door.

I shook my head disbelief.

Honestly , I was so lazy to go to any of classes. In my opinion, I think it's better for students to go out and see the world. Take pictures and go on an adventure because life is too short to be spending the whole day inside a building with the same faces I see on a daily basis.

Suddenly, I head my doorbell rang and I assumed that it was Joel who rang my doorbell because sometimes we walk together to school because my school was just a few blocks from his so it was sort of convenient for us to hangout everyday and yes Joel lived around my neighborhood too.

I opened the door and when I was about to mess with him by hitting him with a pillow. My jaw dropped and the pillow fell and landed on the floor because of the sight I was looking at. The boy that was standing right in front of me wasn't Joel.

His name is Christopher, the boy I met yesterday at the coffee shop. What on earth was he doing here standing in front of my apartment? How did he even know where I lived?

Alright if I may be frank, I didn't care about those but my issue was I looked like a troll and my hair was so messy because I just woke up and had breakfast. I didn't brush my teeth and I wasn't wearing any bra underneath my night gown. The fact that my night gown was almost transparent, I was so embarrassed that I quickly grabbed the pillow to hide my upper body.

My eyes widened, "What are you doing here?" I asked.

Christopher rubbed the back of his neck, "I'm sorry if I disturb you, I didn't see anything I promised. Oh and I'm here because Joel texted me about how you two always walk together to school but he's busy running some errands so he texted me to walk you to school instead and he gave me your address so here I am ready to walk you to school." He said, his voice cracked.

I wanted to laugh so bad.

"Come in first." I said and I couldn't believe that I just invited my crush to come inside my apartment.

I told him to wait for me, I need to get change and put on some makeup. I was so nervous around him and I hated Juan for setting me up like this. He didn't even text me to let me know that Christopher will be the one to walk me to school, I know he did this on purpose.

After a fresh quick shower, I dressed up simple and then I applied a light makeup. I let my hair down then I grabbed my jacket at the nightstand.

I saw Christopher sitting on the couch and when he noticed my presence, he stood up and smiled. "Are you ready?" He asked and I nodded.

It was such a peaceful walk but we barely talk to each other, we didn't even say a word and besides he had his headphones on the entire time when we were walking with his hands inside his jeans pockets. I guess he likes music or perhaps he thought it was awkward so that was why he put on his headphones.

Yeah just what I expected, we arrived at my college entrance gate. I was too say to even face him and say thank you but that would be rude to not thank him and say goodbye to him.

I looked at him and nodded my head awkwardly, "So hmm thanks for accompany me all the way here. Take care and please tell Joel to reply to my text later." I said.

He nodded, "Sure, well the pleasure is mine." He smiled.

He sounded like a mega gentleman.

When he left, I literally felt like my chest was pumping so fast.

I couldn't believe Joel did this to me.