Part 23

<< Hello everyone, and again I just wanna say thank you all so much for supporting and reading this story.>>

I couldn't sleep t all, I tried to sleep at one in the morning but I can't. I've been having insomnia so bad the passed few days and it made my eyes looked tired. I had extreme panda eyes and I wasn't happy about it. I sighed, I need to stop overthinking everything.

The fact that my insomnia was getting worse and my sister suggested me to get some sleeping pills but I hate taking pills especially sleeping pill.

I checked the time again and it was already four in the morning. My eyes widened, realizing that I wasn't ready yet. I took a refreshing shower and applied a nice, simple makeup then I dressed up. I prayed that everything will go well because I was so anxious with what Christopher had to say to me.

After I'm done with whatever I was doing to make myself appear less ugly. Final touch, I brushed my long brown wavy hair then I went downstairs. I ate my breakfast and waited for Christopher to show up, minutes passed by and it was already five in the morning.

I heard a knock on my door and so I opened it, there he stood right in front of me. He got another bruise on his other wrist. I eyed it and when he noticed it, he hid it away from me by pulling down his sleeves.

"Are you ready?" He asked with a soft tone and that was new coming from him. He was angry at me because I saved his life from getting beaten up and then he can just change his attitude and be nice to me all the sudden, making me all confused. I kept on playing the scene where he yelled at me. I need to move on from that and forget about it because it really killed me inside.

I nodded once and I followed him from behind after I shut the door, the car ride to wherever he was taking me.

"So why am I here?" I asked him, broke the silence.

I heard a small sigh from him.

"Look, I wanted to apologize for what I did to you. I promise that it won't happen again. I know it was a dick move that I yelled at you." He said, with his eyes still focused on the road.

Alright? He picked me up early in the morning just because he wanted to apologized to me and nothing more. That was it? What about the fight in the bar, the random dude he was in a fight with and his bruises.

"Are you sure that's it?" I asked him and he nodded.

Well that was disappointing.

"Then stop the car, I don't wanna do this. I wanna go home, there's no point of being here with you when you're telling me what's up." I said then I unbuckled my seatbelt. I trusted my instincts and I know there was something that he didn't want to tell me.

He sighed heavily, "No! Val damn it! Just listen to me, look it's hard okay? So please just put your seatbelts back on." He said and I rolled my eyes at him when he looked at me.

"Okay at least just tell me where you're taking me." I said.

"You'll see." He said.

I know exactly that something was up, the drive was pretty nerve wrecking and I felt like something bad inside my stomach. I felt like I could die at any minute but why am I getting all these weird and strange emotions, should I trust Christopher?

Then my mind replayed back to the night when Joel texted me. I haven't seen the message, I completely forgotten that he texted me and I wondered what it was about so I pulled my phone out from my purse to open his message.

where are you? - Joel

I texted him back.

I'm with Chris right now inside his car because he's taking me somewhere idk.. why?