Part 27

"He's awake like a few minutes ago when we came back to check on him." Joel said when me and Georgia was about to enter the room where Christopher got admitted. I hoped and prayed that Christopher healed faster because I hate seeing him laying in bed looking like a half dead person.

Georgia crossed her arms, eyed the boy that was standing in front of us with her most judgmental face because she was super mad with what Joel and Christopher did to me. The fact that they were playing me all along with their little games.

Joel noticed her glare and he looked uncomfortable then she spat, "You know what Joel, listen here little boy. Girls are not toys for you to play with your stupid headed ten year old brain. Chris is gonna get his head slap right after." Then stepped closer to Joel's face to warned him.

He got the picture why Georgia was acting that way to him, he gulped down his saliva. I could see his Adam's apple moving up and down.

"I..." He wanted to say something but nothing came out.

I placed my hand on Georgia's shoulder and told her that she should go inside and see her cousin. She nodded and she was calm then she entered the room without a word, she just looked genuinely pissed off with what Joel and Christopher did to me.

Joel gave me an apologetic look but I looked away from his stare. ----

When we got inside the room, Christopher was sitting straight on the bed. He gave me a weak smile before he started talking to his cousin in Spanish which is their mother tongue, I couldn't understand what they were saying. I mean I am half Hispanic but my Spanish isn't good.

Yes, a little fact about me. My mother is Mexican Latina but I'm not fluent in Spanish at all, I blamed it on my mother because she never taught me how to speak Spanish.

I was listening to their conversation and they were sort of yelling at each other, I could understand a little bit but not too much because they were talking so fast.

Georgia was complaining something about him being an idiot.

When they are finished with the whole bickering in Spanish language, Georgia turned to look at me with a sympathy look.

"I apologized for speaking in Spanish dear, you don't understand it right? Sorry about that but me and Chris, we are used to speaking Spanish when I am mad at him, I just couldn't control it. My anger is more relevant when I speak Spanish to him, basically scolding him in Spanish works better." She giggled.

I gave her my best awkward smile, trying to process what just happened.

Christopher rolled his eyes at her, "She's a crazy Latina when she's mad." He said.

Georgia hit his arm and he winced in pain, his eyes shut and then he opened them back to glared at his cousin.

I wanted to ask what they were arguing about but then again I had no right to know. I'm not even their family, or even his girlfriend so I kept my mouth shut.

Thinking about it, I need to learn Spanish as soon as possible. ----

Christopher groaned in annoyance when Georgia was forcefully making him to eat all the porridge that she was feeding him with spoon. She was rough and she slapped his face lightly when he didn't want to open his mouth.

"Cooperate with me, you little shit." She said and it took all of me to not burst into laughter.

"Hey Georgia, can you like get me a glass of orange juice. Valerie here can help me with the porridge." He said and with that Georgia nodded and left the room to get Christopher a glass of orange juice.

Once the door was shut behind us , Christopher sighed in relief. "Goodness she annoyed the hell out of me, she thinks she's my mother or something." He complained.

I couldn't help but laughed out loud, "You fucking deserved that, she knows about the deal you made with Juan." I spat.

His eyes widened then he looked down, he was avoiding eye contact with me. "You still haven't moved on from that aye?" He asked and his tone was slightly sad and there was guilt in there because I could hear it.

I sighed then I grabbed the spoon and the bowl of porridge, I sat next to his bed and gestured him to open his mouth as I feed him gently, unlike the way his cousin fed him a while ago.

I felt his eyes on me the entire time and it was making me nervous as heck, quit giving me butterflies with those two pair of beautiful brown eyes because I might die.

When I was about to put the spoon in his mouth again, he rejected it by shaking his head and so I stopped and placed the bowl back on the table.

I giggled, "Even after getting beat up pretty bad, you still look handsome." I shamelessly confessed.

Where did all my pride go? I questioned myself.

He smiled, "Thank you? By the way how's everything? You're okay right?" He asked.

Why was he asking me if I was okay? I thought I should be the one to ask him that question because obviously he was the one who ended up in a hospital for nights.

My brow raised, "The dude who got injured pretty bad and broke a few bones is asking me if I'm okay?"

He chuckled and it was the cutest thing I have ever seen.

What am I kidding? He is a cute piece of shit for playing with my heart. As cliché as it sounds but I've never felt like this to anyone before.

"Okay fine, I look damaged right now. Don't I?" He asked with a frown.

I nodded, "Yes and you need a lot of rest, please don't think too much." I smiled.

"I still don't get it why are you so nice to me after all I did was being a jerk to you and pretending that I was in love with you, yet you're still here visiting me in this crappy of a hospital." He said.

I wanted to laugh at him for saying that, instead I just stared at him. I was admiring his beautiful big brown eyes that took my breath away. There was something about him that was so magnetic, I couldn't take my eyes off him.

"Because.."

The door burst open, Georgia was holding a bottle of orange juice.

"I told Joel to leave." She said then she placed the orange juice on the small table next to Chris's bed.

She placed her hands on her hips then looked at Chris, "You buddy should go to sleep because it's almost eight in the evening now and the doctor told me that you need to rest, a lot of rest." She commanded him like she was a boss of him.

I like her, I really do.

She was acting all mad with her cousin and I couldn't blamed her.

Then I realized the time, "Omg it's already eight, I think I should leave now." I smiled at the both of them.

Christopher looked at me with a puppy face look and I was confused for a second, it was his expression of wanting me to stay longer or something else? I didn't even know but it looked like it.

"Take care on your way back and goodnight." He smiled, softly.

And with that said, I left the hospital.