Part 51

It's really hard for me to say goodbye to everyone I know here. I told Athena about this decision I made and apparently she had no choice but to agree with me.

It's the only way I can find myself again. I need some time away and heal myself, my heart most importantly.

Athena is so real and she understands me.

That's what I like about Athena, she's always genuine and never sugarcoat anything. She listens to me and she was there for me all the time after Joel passed away.

She was there to picked me up from the bars and she was there when I broke into tears and attempt to commit suicide inside my apartment.

I appreciate her.

I scrolled down to dial her number so that I can let her know that I'm going to Malaysia already.

I couldn't tell her when I'm going because she's gonna do the crying thingy with me and I'm tired of crying already.

"Hey Atty."

"Yo what's up."

"I'm boarding.."

She giggled, "What are you talking about?"

"I'm flying to Malaysia like right now and I just wanna call and say goodbye but don't worry I'll come back.."

"What?! You didn't even tell me your flight is today.. you asshole I'm gonna miss you."

"I'm gonna miss you too.. hey.. when I'm back.. you need to have a boyfriend okay?" I smiled.

She laughed, "Shut up...you take care okay? We'll text each other everyday. Safe flight Val."

"You too take care of yourself."

"I was the one who took care of you last year remember?"

I giggled, "Yeah you did and I thank you for that..well then I gotta go now.."

"Okay..bye.."

"Bye."

After I switched off my phone, the flight attendant asked me if I need anything rather than just a glass of water before we take off.

"I'm fine. Thanks." I smiled.

.....

After a long nineteen hours flight, we finally landed in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

I can see through the window that it's super bright and sunny.

I smiled, "I can feel the tropical already." I squealed in such excitement.

I am ready for a fresh start.

While I was waiting for my luggage, I saw a man with a tuxedo holding on a paper sign written Valerie Jenz on it.

That's me.

My personal so called butler is here. He is a Malaysian and he is in his 40s. My parents hired him to take care of me while I'm here.

Of course my parents would be worried and because of their anxiousness they hired a butler for me.

I never had a butler before. This is going to be fun.

After getting my luggage, he saw me and smiled at me with a little hand wave. I greeted him with a simple hi and he bow.

I was surprise but I bow back. Maybe this is so how they greet each other here?

During the ride to my new apartment was chill and colorful. I can't believe I'm here.

In a foreign country, different cultures and different languages. I am ready to explore more about this country.