Part 13

I stayed the whole day inside my room, besides it was weekend and I had nothing else to do. If I were being honest to myself, I felt like I got betrayed by my own best friend. I was hurt , my heart shattered into pieces after I found out the truth.

Usually I hangout with Joel but after what he and his friends did, I didn't have the mood to even look at him. I trusted him but he made me a fool, an object to laugh at. I am not a clown for them to play and laugh at me like this.

I sighed heavily at the thought of them laughing behind my back for having feelings. Why are boys so freaking dumb and mean?

I heard my phone vibrated for the hundredth time, I rolled over my bed to check on my notifications. It was all from Joel and Christopher, they were making my inbox full as heck.

I decided not to read them, it will automatically ruined my mental health. I just ignored those assholes for making me like some kind of game they were playing. ----

A few minutes of enjoying my corn ice cream while watching the TV, I heard someone knocked on my door so I lazily stood up to open the door.

It was Joel.

He looked so sad and he had this look to convinced me that I should forgive him or something like that, like a puppy eye look begging for forgiveness.

I rolled my eyes at him and before I can shut the door back, he blocked the door from closing with his arms. 

Dang it! He was really strong.

"Let go!" I demanded.

"Please we need to talk, what you heard. I can explain." He begged.

I sighed and pinched the bridge of my nose, this was honestly so stupid like why was he here to explain something that I clearly know, there were no explanation needed. He was a jerk, the end.

"Just go, I can't trust anything you said after I found out about about Christopher and your stupid friends. It was your idea! So just go, there's nothing to explain anymore." I said.

He sighed, "Look Val, you're my friend. My best friend, you're like a sister to me and you know how much. I love you and I wanted to see you happy so that's why I told Christopher to asked you out. I know that you have a crush on him and he's my friend. Yes , at first he didn't agree to because he told me that you're not his type." He explained and it hurt me when Joel said that I am not Christopher's type.

"But I wanted you to be happy Val so I made him to go out with you because I know you like him since the first day you met him, I saw the way you look at him. It brings me happiness to get to see my own best friend happy. Please Val no hard feelings right?" He continued.

I crossed my arms, idiotic.

Honestly, what he said about 'he likes to see me happy' and that shit was so basic. Lame excuses, if you want to see your own best friend happy. Do it without forcing someone else to make your best friend happy. Boys are so damn stupid!

Even if Christopher doesn't want to date me, I am always happy with the way I am. Why can't he see the fact that I am always happy when I am with him before he did all of these messed up thing.

"You now what, thank you for forcing Christopher too ask me out and then ask me to be his girlfriend even though it was all fake and if you think an act and fake love can bring me happiness, then you're an idiot because how long will you think it lasts? You're out of your mind." I said.

I pushed him and then shut the front door without him saying a word.

I couldn't even look at him.

I trusted him to always be honest with me and no secrets between us but what did he do? He betrayed me big time, he lied to me, asked his friend to play with my damn feelings. How cruel can he be? When I truly loved Christopher and God knows how much it means to me when he asked me to be his girlfriend but it happened to be all an act directed by Joel.

Hence, way to go actor Christopher and director, producer Joel. ----

The next day, I grabbed my laptop and headed to the nearest coffee shop around my campus.

I had a few assignments that I need to finish and it was making me feel like an old lady with a lot of responsibilities, college is basically working without getting paid. To be honest, I was trying to make myself busy and distract myself so that I could forget the pain and the scars that my best friend gave to me.

I smelled the coffee before drinking because it feels like therapy and it makes me feel so relaxed and more energy to start my brain to function well.

"Valerie?" A familiar voice appeared out of nowhere in front of me.

I gulped and then look up to meet eyes with Christopher Velez. My ex boyfriend? I don't even know.

I sighed and faked a smile, he sat down in front of me with a guilty look plastered on his face. I hate to see that stupid innocent face that lied to me.

I rested my chin on the table, "So did you get your concert tickets?" I asked, sarcastically.

Damn I hate him so much that he would agree to give me fake relationship just for the concert tickets.

He shook, "I refused to accept it from Joel." He said.

My mind got confused.

I fixed my posture, "I thought you're only dating me because Joel will give you those concert tickets."

He giggled then turned into a frown, "Valerie, I didn't accept the tickets when Joel threw it to my face. He was so mad and sad." He said.

I shrugged, "He's a dillhole for what he did and so were you. Girls are not some kind of games that you can play." I said.

Christopher nodded, God why is this man so freaking gorgeous with this tattoos and blonde highlights on his fringe and his glasses. I still can't get over with how beautiful he is even though he hurt me, big time.

"I'm sorry, I was going to tell you after I got the concert tickets but you found out sooner so I didn't take it because I feel really really guilty about it." He said with his head down.

I nodded, "Yeah you should and can you go now because I have to finish my school work." I said.

He was a damn distraction.

He pouted and nodded, "Sure I uhmmm... see you some other time." He said then he left.

When I started to write something down on my paper, a message popped up on my phone screen again and it was from Joel again.

I sighed and read the message he sent.

Me and my mom made cupcakes and she invited you over - Joel

This idiot was something else, after what he did to betray my trust. He had the audacity to sent this type of message like nothing ever happened.

I texted back.

I don't want to see your stupid face now stop bombarding and spamming me texts. - Valerie