Part 64

《Hey guys, here are some songs I was listening to while writing this chapter

Cruel Summer - Taylor Swift
Lover - Taylor Swift》

After hours and hours of shooting for my mom's project, I can now rest and drink another cup of coffee.

Flipping through my magazine is my favorite part of the day.

I felt a warm hand touched my shoulder so I turn around and my mom smiled at me, "I am very proud of you." She said.

"Thanks mom."

She sat in front of me between the small table, with her plain expression. She looked the other way instead of making an eye contact with her own daughter.

"Your dad will be here tomorrow and I told him about Christopher. You should invite Christopher over for dinner." She said.

I nodded, "Okay."

And with that she left.

Sounded very demanding and I don't like that tone.

I grab my phone and texted Chris to ask if he's available tomorrow evening and a few seconds later he texted me yes.

I texted him back about my dad wanting to meet him and he agreed to come and meet my dad tomorrow.

Oh and by the way the Melissa girl that I met the other night when I was at the party. She was Christopher's classmate and thank God she introduced her boyfriend to us, for a second I thought Chris was cheating on me.

I knew I can trust him.

Now the only thing I have to worry about is my father. He is worst than my mother.

He's strict, looks like he's always in a bad mood and likes to boss people around.

I sighed and dialed Athena's number.

"Wassup."

"Are you free right now?" I asked.

"Yeah.."

"You wanna hang? Like at the park or somewhere else where I can tell you my problems?"

"Fine..where are you, I'll go there and we'll be sad together." She said.

I giggled and ended the call, this is why I love Athena. She is super fun to be with and she never sugarcoat things to make me feel better.

She's always straightforward and she's honest.

....

Sipping my mug of hot chocolate, Athena gave me the worry look "So your point is your father might not like Chris?" She asked.

And I nodded.

She rolled her eyes at me and snapped her finger, "You know what, you can do whatever you want. Your dad doesn't have the right to tell you who to date. You're a college student for goodness sake. They can't control everything you do." 

She does make sense but my dad is super strict and it's hard to disobey him.

"I mean if Chris doesn't have tattoos on his arms and he came from an heir of a family that owns a big company then he will accept him. He once told us, we have a dignity and reputation to maintain. And business stuff too. He cares way too much about his company, his image and his family."  I sighed.

My anxiety is getting worst.

"Did you tell Chris about your dad?" She asked.

"Not much. I don't want to freak him out. He had enough of my mom and that was just a start." I said half sighing.

Athena hold my hand and looked at me with a small smile plastered on her face, "A wise woman once told me, love is a strong word. Nothing can separate a couple that is in love."

And somehow that makes me worried.

Am I ready for him to meet my super judgemental and strict father?

....

Choosing a few decent clothes that he owns in this stupid small closet. I almost gave up and tell him to dressed how he always dressed up to meet my dad.

"Your dad doesn't like tattoos?" He asked, his back resting at the wall while I was still searching for at least a nice sweatshirt for him to wear.

Of course there was none.

"You don't have anything but leather jackets, ripped jeans, plain black and white shirt, and of course a skull shirt with random metal band on it." I complained.

He shrugged, "Why can't I just wear a plain white t-shirt? Does your dad hates em?"

I sighed, tying my messy hair into a bun. "My dad is insane."

He touched my shoulder to calm me down, "You need to calm down and eat some pizza. I have leftovers."

I nodded, "But Chris you don't understand, you said before you were scared of my mom when you first saw her. My dad is even worst. We should go shopping and buy a foundation to cover your tattoos."

He sighed, "Valerie, babe. I don't need your dad's approval or opinion about me. Nobody can judge someone because of their appearance. This is art for goodness sake. I am not a criminal."

I took a deep breath and shoved the pizza into my mouth.

"Just don't let him know about how Joel died." It blurted out.

I saw his shoulders down and sighed, "I-"

"Nevermind, I need some sleep. I'll see you tomorrow." I smiled and grab my coat then left.

He stopped me by grabbing my wrist, "Are you mad at me?" He asked.

Honestly no, I'm not mad at him. He does have a point about that pretending to be someone he's not by covering his tattoos and wear something he never wears just to impressed my dad.

I love him because he's real. Well it's time to break the stupid rules of this family.

Wether my dad likes him or not, I will never let him go.

"No I'm not, I'll see you tomorrow." I smiled and kissed his cheek.