Part 10

It was late and I drank a few cans of beer, Christopher suggested me to stay for the night. I was so tipsy that I just wanted to take all of my clothes off because my body was so warm and the temperature of the place was so hot.

"Babe that's enough, I think we should rest now. Come let's go upstairs." Christopher said then he carried me bridal style because I was too dizzy to even balanced my body. When we arrived inside of his room, I looked around then I found a picture of him and Georgia. He was skinnier in the picture and younger too.

I smiled, "You're so cute here. I bet you two are really like super duper mega double close just like me and Joel?" I asked.

He nodded, "Yup, me and Georgia are pretty close like you and Joel but the only difference is I'm related to her. She's my cousin, you and Joel aren't." He said.

I agreed with him.

Christopher had been really sensitive and he got easily jealous over Joel. I didn't know when he will get the fact that I love Joel more than anything and the love is just a family and friend type of love. Joel is my one and only best friend. I can call him my partner in crime.

Just because I'm dating Christopher doesn't mean I can treat Juan differently. Our best friend rituals and routines remain the same. After all, Joel has always been there for me before I even met Christopher. Joel is and always will be important to me.

I sighed, Christopher sounded off and sad when he talked about my relationship with Joel and how close we are. "Chris, you need to understand that me and Joel, we grew up together and you know how much I love him as a brother and like a friend." I said.

I just wanted him to trust me.

He bit his lip, "I understand that." He said then he gestured me to come to the bed, he patted the empty space next to him and I dragged myself to his bed.

I ran my fingers through his hair, "So please you don't have to be jealous seeing me with Joel." I looked at him with the promise deal and he nodded.

He then sighed and chuckled, "I'm jealous sometimes when I see the way you're more comfortable with Joel than you're with me. I feel like you are limiting yourself when you're with me. Like last week, we were at the arcade. When you see Joel, you let go of my hand and then run towards him, you hugged him and the worst thing was he lifted you up. Only couples do that, for your information." He confessed and he didn't even make an eye contact with me when he said that.

The look on his face just made me sad and disappointed. Me and Joel were really close and he couldn't even understand that.

I pouted, "Chris.. I don't know what to say but I think you know better now that me and Joel are always going to be best friends."

He sighed in defeat, "Yeah well I'm not that jealous or worried if your best friend is a girl. My point is Joel is still a guy. I don't even know if you two ever make out or something?" He said and I was taken aback with his assumptions. He really had to go that far with the trust issues.

I rolled my eyes, unbelievable.

The only reason why me and Christopher's relationship worked out, it was because of Joel. Joel introduced me to him and he even made an effort to let me and Christopher talk more since the day we met because Joel understands me and he knows my character. Christopher on the other hand thought that Joel  was getting in the way.

I stood up and crossed my arms, "You know what, I'm going home I'm calling Joel to pick me up. I just don't understand you Chris because no matter how many times I told you that Joel is a brother to me. You just won't believe it, you have this assumptions planted inside your head and I am honestly annoyed with it." I said, my head was a bit dizzy but good enough to call Joel.

I approached the door but he grabbed my wrist to make me stop my movement, "Let go of me." I hissed.

"Babe, come on. I was just pointing out the fact that I've never seen a girl and a boy can stay as best friends, you and Joel are so close , he's my friend too but my point is I am your boyfriend. I don't think a boyfriend can stand it or even handle it if his girlfriend is being all close and cuddling her best friend that is a boy." He said.

I shook my head in disbelief, he didn't trust me and that was his problem.

"You know what, if you can't trust me then we can end this thing once and for all. You know very well that Joel is my priority. Goodbye Chris." I yanked away from his grip then I called Joel.

I left him dumbfounded but honestly I was so mad. -----

Joel answered my call and I told him everything about me and Christopher argued because of him. He came to Christopher's place and picked me up. He didn't even went out of his car to greet Christopher because I told him not to. I didn't want to cause a scene so I told Joel to stay inside his car. -----

He picked me up and drove me all the way to the coffee shop near our neighborhood.

I sighed and pinched the bridge of my nose, Christopher was stressing me out.

"So you dumped him?" Joel asked.

I nodded, "I can't stand boys with an attitude of jealousy for no absolute reason. He clearly get the picture about my relationship with you. You're my friend, a brother and the only boy I grew up with since I was little. I can't lose you and you know that right? I would sacrifice anything for our friendship and if Christopher can't handle it then I can break up with him." I said.

Me and Joel have the same necklace that we always wore around our neck. We bought it when we were going on a road trip, we were so young then like in elementary school.

I pointed out the necklace that me and Joel owned. The necklace is silver with a little touch of red color on the pendent and the symbol is BFF meaning best friends forever.

He smiled then he gave me warm hug, "I know that and I would do the same thing but." He said then he let go of the hug.

"You should give Christopher another chance, I will talk to him tomorrow. He's being jealous because it's rare to see a girl and a boy stay just friends, I mean not everyone can be like us right? We are literally friendship goals for life." He giggled.

I giggled, "I will forgive him if he stops being an idiot and if he gives me more affection."

Joel lightly punched my shoulder, "Buttercup!"

I laughed, "Shut up fart face."