Part 36

Part of me wanted to vomit but part of me is worried about my older sister.

The news about them getting married is already on the newspaper, social medias and television.

"The daughter of Janz who's an owner of best wine and other various company just engaged with the Son of Sutherland..."The woman with corporate attire on the tv said.

I switched the channel so I can be in peace.

Athena look at me with wide eyes and I plopped back on the couch.

"Well congratulations to your sister.."She said while offering me another bite of the cookies.

I refused by shaking my head, "That was surreal."

She raised a brow, "Why? You should be happy for your sister. It isn't strange about marriage and engagement." She said.

She doesn't understand.

"Look, my sister was never in a relationship with that british guy ever.. it's an arranged marriage. It's utterly bullshit." I said with my hands waving in the air like I'm a mad woman.

She almost spit out the cookie inside her mouth, "What? Arranged marriage still exist? I thought that was ancient."

I pinched the bridge of my nose, this is a surprise news to me. "My mom told me about the marriage but I never expect to be this soon."

She nodded, "Yeah the wedding is next week."

I sighed, "They will force me to go..I never get along with British people especially the rich ones.. they're so classy and crumpets with butter, cup of tea.. I'm pretty sure the Sutherlands will judge me hell. I mean look at me.. I'm a mess."

She giggled, "Yeah a hot mess. Don't worry you will get along with your brother in law."

I rolled my eyes, "Imma go and take a warm nice bath because all these are still too soon for me." I said and left to go upstairs.

Once I'm done, I checked my phone and I received a phone call from Hailey my older sister.

My concern for her is legit, what if she gets uncomfortable or sad.

I call her back so we could talk about this thing and I am curious to know how she feel about all these arranged thingy.

"Yo."

"Hey Val."

"So married woman huh?"

I heard a sigh from her, "Yeah apparently."

She doesn't sound sad but she does sound stressed out or something.

"Are you okay with it? Technically you never even have feelings for that English dude."

"Yeah I'm aware of that, it's not like I have other option. It's up to me to save the company incase anything happens in the future the Sutherlands will rescue us." She explained.

"I understand that but.." before I could finish, she cut me off.

"I need you to be here next week in London for the wedding. You're going to be the maid of honor."

I gulped, "Are you sure you're really one hundred percent okay with this forced of a marriage? I thought marriage was suppose to be the best day of your life and the day that you want to remember forever because you're exchanging vows and promises to live together forever with the love of your life. Not marriage in business and publicity." I said.

"Valerie, enough. The wedding is going to happen. We are engaged and there's nothing I can do about it. I am the eldest... I need to follow our parents footsteps." She said.