Part 61

Songs:

Hasta Luego - HRVY feat Malu Trevejo
King Of My Heart - Taylor Swift
Red - Taylor Swift
Lights- Leland.
You're the reason - Intersection 》

Chris eyed me with confusion and he looked at me then my mother again for like ten times.

I cleared my throat when my mother asked "Is this your friend from college?" She asked and I gave a weak smile.

I swear to God, Chris should've ask me first instead of appearing in front of my door like this.

Chris smiled and said hi to her. "Mom, he is my boyfriend. The guy I told you about like a few months ago." I said in all honesty and I do hope she approves him.

Chris is not a bad looking guy, he is nicely neat and have a lot of tattoos which is giving me fifty percent of hope whether my mother likes him or not.

She let out a little laugh and back to her serious expression. Chris awkwardly standing next to me and I sighed "Mom his name is Christopher Velez.. him and Joel were friends from their college."

She nodded, "Oh."

Oh? What's that suppose to mean? I'm anxious now and I know how awkward Chris is feeling right now.

"Well then what is he doing here?" My mother asked.

"I stop by to visit her. I will go back to my hotel now." Chris said and my eyes widened.

He booked a hotel? Or was that a lie.

I hope that someday Chris would meet my parents but I didn't know it will be like this. This situation right now is super awkward and I know that after Chris left, my mother will bombarded me questions.

I gave Chris a sympathy look and I mouthed him "text you later." Then he nodded and left.

My mother raised a brow with her arms crossed. She is so strict that I want to end myself.

"He's cute right?" I asked her.

She nodded, "He is but would you look at all those tattoos. Is he suppose to be a biker? Does he smoke marijuana?"

I clapped my hands together to make her stop judging him because of his appearance. "Mom stop it please. He doesn't do drugs or smoke, that's just the way he is. That's his style." I said.

Her lips formed a line, "If your father see him.." I cut her off.

"Mom please..he is a friend of Joel and he's not that bad please mom.."

Her lips pouted with her serious face expression which bothers me a lot and I know she doesn't hate him but she definitely doesn't like him.

"Tell me about his parents. What do they do for a living?" My mother asked.

I lazily walked in the kitchen and grab a water bottle out of the fridge, "His family is actually from Ecuador but he was born in New Jersey. Don't know much about his parents, we only been dating for about six to seven months. Mom."

She raised her hands in defeat and nodded, "Okay but if ever you're going to pursue him. Tell him to arrange a family meeting. I wanna meet his parents someday."

I nodded, "Okay."

I sighed in relief, that was quite a good start. I thought she was going to completely reject Chris.

"Shit." I cussed and grab my phone so that I can text Chris.

Babe you really in a hotel? Where are you staying?