Part 5

Joel just texted me that he was going to pick me up around six pm later because he was going to take me out for dinner. This is why people who doesn't know us well enough, assumed that we were a couple because we hangout a lot and our bond was so strong that even a couple got jealous of our friendship.

The truth was we were just two kids who grew up together and treated each other like brothers and sisters. We never really had a heated argument, we just get along very well that was why our friendship lasts.

I was getting ready around five thirty pm because Joel was never a fan of me being late. We made a promise that if I didn't wait outside of the apartment building before six pm then I had to pay for our dinner and I hate spending money.

I applied a simple, light makeup on my face and I was wearing a red tank top with jeans to match with my Nike sports shoes. After I finished getting ready, I waited outside for Juan to come. Honestly I was really hungry, I waited before the clock strike six pm.

A few minutes later, I spotted a white range rover entering and parked right in front of me. The mirror was a bit dark so I couldn't see clearly who was inside the car. Besides, I know what Joel usually drove and that was his black BMW car, I wasn't sure which model though. I'm not an excellent person when it comes with cars.

The minute the window of the ranger rover opened, my eyes widened and I had this feeling of wanting to run away from that situation because I saw Erick sitting at the passenger's seat and Joel was sitting on the driver's seat. I mouthed Joel, "Are you kidding me?". He did the hop in gesture at me and I shook my head disbelief, he didn't tell me that his friends were joining us too.

I thought it was just me and him.

I sighed and then Christopher got out from the car so that he could open the door for me. He gave me a small smile and I blushed a little. I tucked the strand of my hair behind my ear and went inside the car to sit in between on Zabdiel and Christopher.

These two boys are so tall that they made me look like a dwarf.

Then I've noticed someone was missing, I didn't see Ricardo so I asked. "Where is Richard?"

"Oh Richard has a date with his daughter." Joel said and we made eye contact at the rear view mirror.

I almost choked on my own saliva when Joel said that. Richard has a daughter? That's impossible because he was so young to have a daughter? Did he even know how to raise one? He was still in college. My jaw dropped and the boys laughed at my reaction. Perhaps I looked like a complete clown.

I rolled my eyes at them, "Why are you guys laughing at me?" I asked. "I mean Joel was just joking right? Richard can't possibly have a daughter. He's our age, that's just utterly ridiculous." I continued.

Christopher shook his head at me, "Nope, why would we lie and why would Joel joke about that? Richard has a daughter and she's adorable. It's a long story and we try to avoid talking about his past life because it's triggering for him." He explained.

I felt bad for spitting out my opinions, I should've kept my mouth shut. I felt like I was being judgmental.

I nodded.

When we finally arrived at the place, I got out from the car and instantly cling my arm on Joel's like a happy little sister. He took us to our favorite childhood place for cheap dinner, it was a beach but they have stalls that sell delicious and cheap drinks and food then we can chill at the beach while eating our dinner. The place opens twenty four hours and we had a lot of memories here since we were in elementary school.

"You didn't tell me you're going to take me here for dinner." I smiled at him.

Joel rolled his eyes at me then stuck his tongue out playfully, "I ain't taking you out on a dinner to an expensive restaurant because you're not my girlfriend." He giggled and I pinched his right ear. "Idiot, I hate you."