Part 46

Amazing catchy songs for this chapter :

New romantics - Taylor Swift
Mi Medicina - CNCO
I know places - Taylor Swift
I did something bad - Taylor Swift

Valerie's POV

I missed call Joel freaking Pimentel so many times but he never answers me. I hate this anxiousness keeps creeping in.

I toss my phone on the couch with a loud groan. Athena left a few minutes ago and I'm worried about Joel.

I tied my hair into a bun and decided to take a walk around my neighborhood.

I smiled at the thought of me and Christopher spending time together. It was definitely different this time. I can feel it's real and he look so handsome. More handsome than the first day I met him.

I heard a honk sound coming from a car, I look over to my right and Joel waved at me with a smile.

That was hella strange. A few hours ago he was randomly pissed at me for no reason and now he's smiling?

"What are you possessed or something?" I asked him as he slow down his driving to match my pace walking on the street.

He chuckled along, "I'm sorry, I get stressed out sometimes you know." He said.

I rolled my eyes, "Shut up you bastard."

"Come on get in the car." He said.

I raised a brow, "Where do you suggest we're going?"

"To my house, my mom's cooking tonight and she really wants you to have dinner with us.  She's over excited for your sister's wedding." He said.

I giggled, "Okay fine."

I hopped into his black car, put my seatbelts on just for safety because Joel drives like a maniac sometimes.

"So it's official? You and Christopher?" He asked.

I nodded, "Yeah and I do hope you're not behind it this time. No more games?"

He smiled, "No more games."

I'm glad he's happy for me. That's what true best friends are like and I couldn't dare to see myself losing Joel.

....

"Chris! Stop no! Don't hurt him. Stop! He's gonna die! No!!" I shouted to the top of my lungs.

Scared and not knowing what do to. The man with beard that showed up at my apartment got Chris all tied up into a chair and won't stop beating him up.

I cried and cried for help but no one is helping.

I watched as his blood dripped from his face.

"Valerie?! Valerie wake up!" I heard Joel's voice and I immediately woke up then I hugged him so tight while my hands were still shaking.

The dream felt so real that it terrified me.

I let go of the hug and Joel looked at me with concern.

"Nightmare?" He asked.

I nodded, "Yeah."

"Do you want a glass of water?"

"Yeah thanks."

Joel's mom offer me to stay the night here so I'm sleeping at the room just in front of Joel's room.

He must have heard me screaming.

He came back with a glass of water and I smiled in return for his kindness. He sat on the bed next to me, trying to comfort me.