Part 74

There was no one at the cemetery except for me and Christopher.

"I bet his family went earlier?" Chris asked and I nodded.

"Probably, we hardly talk or bond with his family since the day he passed away." I said.

It's tragic for sure but just to keep in mind that Joel is always in my heart forever and ever.

We used to be so close and now he's just a memory.

I bought some flowers for him when we were on our way to visit his graveyard.

I placed the flowers on his grave and I couldn't stop myself from crying. The tears fell down from my eyes and it was like a shotgun hit me straight in the heart.

The pain in my chest still remains. I lost someone who truly loves me and has shared so many memories with me.

Christopher hugged me and I hugged him so tight that I burst into tears. I don't care if his shirt is going to get wet because of my tears.

I need to let it out.

"Shhh.. everything will be alright.."He said, he was trying to comfort me.

I pulled away and dried my tears with my hand. "Let's go." I said and Chris offered to hold my hand so I agreed.

We walked out from the cementery with us holding hands. It may look strange but there was no one here so we'll be fine.

I miss holding his hand though. I really do.

"So where should I drop you off? To your apartment or your office?" He asked when we were inside his car.

"My office, I have something to clear before my wedding day." I sighed and Chris cleared his throat.

"Do you really love this guy Feliz?" He asked.

"His name is Felix."

"Like I give a fuck." He replied.

I rolled my eyes at him, "I have to, I have no other choice but to marry him. Our marriage is arranged and it's for our companies sake." I said.

He scoffed, "The point is you don't have feelings for him." He said.

He was saying the truth, there is nothing to argue about that but I need to pursue the wedding for the sake of our reputation and inheritance too.

"How's your mom?" I changed the subject. I don't want to discuss my wedding with my ex boyfriend. He's not even my wedding planner.

"She's doing great, she's in Ecuador right now." He said.

"Oh that's great." I smiled.

Yes, I remembered his mother. His mom is so kind and beautiful that explains why Chris is so good looking.

"I like your new haircut by the way." I confessed it to him. I really do, I love the new look. He looks more cleaner, decent and ten thousand times handsome than before.

He's always handsome in my eyes but this haircut makes him more hotter and I think my panties are wet. Right let's not go there now Valerie.

He had a huge smile plastered on his face, "Thanks."

When we arrived at my office, I bid goodbye to him after saying "Thanks for the ride." He just smiled and drove off.

I sighed then I fixed my hair a little before going inside the office.

All the staffs are so busy with their work and when I passed by the HR office. I saw him interviewing a woman.

Well good luck.