abandoned mansion

hiii! this story is kinda slow and not too good at the beginning but you gotta give it a chance haha i promise it gets so much better after the first like ten chapters so enjoy!

"adelaide, we're leaving in 5 minutes, hurry up"

"okay, okay. do you have the camera and the extra batteries?" i asked looking over to my best friend, alexis.

"yeah, we have to go. i told the girls we left 15 minutes ago." she yelled back to me as i shoved the rest of my essentials into my backpack.

"i'm ready" i said walking into the living room of our apartment.

"finally... are you driving?" she asked

"i didn't plan on it but i'm assuming you don't want to drive so i guess" i replied while laughing

we got into my jeep and started on the ten minute journey to our friends apartment complex. madeline and mel live in the apartment next to ours but gracie and alaia live about 10 minutes from us.

gracie is not the kind of person to go exploring so she usually skips out. Mel is super chill and very out going.

Alexis has been my best friend for years. we lived together in new york with my mom before we moved to LA.

Madeline is one of the funnest and most chill people you'll ever meet. i met her when i went to maryland on a trip one year to visit my dad and we instantly became best friends.

lastly, alaia. alaia and i met in cafe in downtown LA and we instantly hit it off from there. alaia is so down to earth and carefree. she really brings out the best in people.

for me, i do just about everything. i've been singing and playing all kinds of instruments since before i can remember and i'm currently studying to be a music major. i like to have fun and live life as much as i can. i love exploring and going to parties with my friends. I also love sitting down and reading or listening to music. I grew up in New York City with my mom for most of my life. my dad always lived between pennsylvania and maryland so i'd visit him pretty often.

lexi lived with me at my moms place in new york for a few years and when i turned 18, we moved to LA.

I live in LA with my best friend and we have a successful youtube channel together. there are 2.3 million subscribers on our channel "Exploring with Adilex" we started our channel just under a year ago. it was a couple weeks before we had moved out here.

Alexis and i both have our own personal channels as well. My channel "adelaide" houses 1.2 million subscribers and Lexi has 823k on hers.

Lex and i normally explore with our little group of friends, excluding gracie. However, Mel has an exam to study for so it's just going to be the 4 of us this time.

I gave lex the aux cord as i began pulling out. She turned on a random spotify playlist and soon lil yatchy was blasting through the car.

"are you scared?" lexi asked me while resting her arm on the middle console. "we do this all the time, i don't think scared is even an emotion for me anymore." i joked at her. she seemed uneasy about going but let out a giggle anyways.

Lexi pulled the camera out of her bag and started the intro. "what's up guys! it's lexi and..." she stopped to allow me to say my part "adelaide" i said smiling at the camera. "welcome back to exploring with adilex! if you're new here, don't forget to like and subscribe!" she said before hitting the stop button on my camera.

i just had on a cute yellow crop top and yellow jean shorts with my gucci belt. not the comfiest exploring outfit but i already had it on from my classes.

"should i tell the camera what we're doing right now" she asked me while picking fuzz off her leggings. "yeah, go for it" i said back to her as i stopped at the light.

"okay guys so right now, we're on our way to gracie and alaia's place right now to pick them up. madeline is already there. sadly, gracie and mel couldn't come with us today but we've got the Ouija board to make up for it! anyways, today we're going to an abandoned mansion just off Huntington beach. A maid who worked at the house in 1941 died there when she fell over the railing of the balcony. however people believe she was pushed off by the owner's wife because she found out they were having an affair. it is said that she haunts the mansion now. people have said they feel someone putting their hands on their shoulders when they stand on the balcony and others have said that they've been pushed down the stairs." she finished off the rest of the story and put the camera away as we pulled up to gracie and a's place.

"hey hoes!" madeline said as she hoped in the back seat of the jeep. "hiiii" alaia said while getting in on the other side.

"hi!!" i replied back to them as they buckled their belts. they all started talking about the mansion but i zoned out as harry styles voice flowed through the car.

pulling up to the mansion, anxiety coursed through my body. calm down adeline, calm down you've been doing this for forever now

"i can't believe we're actually sleeping here tonight..." i hear alexis say. madeline and i agree with her but alaia is too busy snap chatting to even notice we've arrived.

we'd been to a lot of scary places before but we never did an overnight video in a haunted abandoned mansion.

the girls all start getting out of the car and i have no other option than to get out too.

here goes nothing

picture of adeline's outfit is at the top :)