im sorry, bear

adelaides pov

october 5th

i flew home today, with ethan and colby (who are now oddly enough good friends now)

we stayed with elena and nova until she was able to settle back into her apartment. nova is doing great and she's the cutest little thing.

"ad, i need to talk to you." ethan said, summoning me to my bed.

"what's up?" i asked him, sitting down directly in front of him.

"i... i'm moving. i'm moving to new york." he said, looking down

"you're what?" i asked him, shocked

"i'm moving to new york. my dad bought another country club upstate and he's allowing my uncle to take over this one. i know since i am 26 that i could technically move in with you or by myself but i don't want to be so far away from my family." he said, sighing.

"so what does this mean for us?" i asked him as a few tears dripped down my face

"don't cry, bear. please don't cry. i'm so sorry." he said, pausing before continuing. "i don't think i'll be able to do long distance. i won't lie, i don't think it will work out."

"i want to be with you, ethan. but i agree that long distance probably isn't going to be good for either of us." i said back.

"and i know you're still in love with colby. don't deny it, adelaide. it's okay, i'm fine with that. but i want you to know that i love you." he said, pulling me in to a big bear hug. "i'm sorry bear, i'm so so sorry, bear." he said

"i do still love him. but i also love you." i said hugging him and crying more

"adelaide i promise you that we will still be friends, okay? and if we somehow end up together again, that's amazing. but i don't want to push it and put either of us through long distance." he said and i nodded.

"when do you leave?" i asked him

"in six days. i found out the day we came back from italy and i was going to tell you. and then we got into that fight and i didn't want to end on a bad note and i didn't want to ruin your time with nova either. i'm sorry angel." he said, pulling me back into his chest.

we just laid there, with me crying. he even shed a few tears.

october 11th

"so this is it?" i asked

"this is it, bear. i'm so sorry." he said, hugging me as a few tears fell down my face

as the six days moved on, i slowly came to terms with ethan leaving. yes, i was still sad but i would get over it. we've spent the last six days doing as much as we could together, as friends. the night that we talked, we ended it so we weren't getting more attached.

i kissed him. we were broken up but i still kissed him before he left.

"promise you'll text me as soon as you land?" i asked the boy in front of me

"i promise bear. i'm so sorry we had to end this. you know i love you." he said

"i love you too." i said as we stayed there, just hugging each other.

"ethan the plane is taking off in 8 minutes and there are some other people here who would like to say by to adelaide." tess smiled while looking over at us.

ethan let go of me as i laugh cried.

"i'm gonna miss you, tess. well have to go shopping next time you're out here." i said, hugging her.

"oh i'll miss you too, hun. you were like the daughter i never had." she laughed as a few tears fell down her face.

"bye jeff. i'll have to come beat you in a game of golf at your new club." i laughed as he hugged me.

"you bet, adelaide. well all miss you." he said hugging me

i said bye to everyone, including maria. and then i watched them all load onto the plane, tears falling down my face a little faster.

"hey, where were you?" colby asked as i walked into the door.

"saying bye to ethan. he just left." i said, still sad

"i'm sorry ad." colby said, pulling me into a big hug. i felt safe in his arms

"it's okay. everything happens for a reason, right?" i said while breaking the hug

"i guess it does." he said. we talked for a few more minutes before i headed up into my room.

short chapter but i didn't want to leave you guys with a cliffhanger haha