new mom

march 1st

"violet, baby. i love you so much but please, for the love of god, go to bed." i whispered.

it was currently 4am and i didn't get an ounce of sleep yet. at first, violet was sleeping peacefully, meanwhile, grayson was a little ball of energy. i thought babies were supposed to sleep.

once i finally got gray to fall asleep, violet woke up ten minutes later, crying.

i fed her and now i'm rocking her. ayla and luke were fast asleep.

"babe, what're you doing?" colby whispered, walking into the nursery.

"violet won't sleep." i told him.

"here, let me take her... go lay down." he insisted.

"are you sure?" i asked, feeling bad

"go." he said, kissing me

"i love you." i smiled.

"i love you too... now go get your ass to bed." he laughed.

"good morning." i heard colby say to my right when i woke up.

"morning." i smiled, turning over to see violet laying on his chest. "awhhh, she's such a daddy's girl." i smiled

"i think she's hungry... do you wanna take her and i'll go get gray?" he asked

"yeah... that works." i told him, grabbing v from him.

i started feeding violet, turning the tv on in our bedroom. i put on the birth vlog since i hadn't seen it yet, since colby edited it for me.

the vlog made me emotional but i was able to keep myself together.

"hey." tara said, walking into my room with luke.

"hi." i smiled.

"so i was thinking that we should probably throw kat a baby shower soon." tara said.

"that's a good idea. their little boy is going to be so cute." i smiled

"what's her due date?" she asked while sitting on my bed.

"june 3rd." i told her.

"so i'd say in late april/ early may?" she asked

"that works for me... we can have it where we had my gender reveal. i'm sure not a lot of her family will come to the baby shower if they have to come down to after the birth." i told tara.

colby came back in with gray so i handed him violet to burp.

colby has been a great dad so far. he loves to just hold and love the babies. he's really making sure i'm getting my sleep as well as the babies.

"should we surprise her and like have some of her family fly out? you have her moms number, right?" she asked

"that'd be great... i have it."

april 1st

the babies are two months old today. they're starting to giggle and hold onto toys now.

tonight was the first time that colby and i were going out without the kids. alisa, who planned my wedding, had offered to babysit them since we didn't find a nanny yet.

tara was taking her twins to her moms house for the evening.

we were all going for dinner. it wasn't anything huge but it was a night without the kids.

i was highly considering ordering a bottle champagne... i just felt bad that kat couldn't drink.

i had been going to the gym and lost almost all of the baby weight which was great.

"you almost ready?" colby asked me, walking into our room.

"just about... i'm a little nervous to leave the kids." i admitted.

"they'll be fine, babe." he told me.

"i know. i'm more nervous for me." i laughed.

he made me feel better and then we met tara and jake in the living room. sam, kat, corey and the devil herself met at our house as well.

mya was a straight up bitch. we were all so over her. but we love corey and we wanted him to join us for our first dinner out without our kids.

the dinner was fun but i was so ready to get back to my babies. i think tara was in agreement. kat seemed really tired as well.