back to school

august 4th
violet pov

"verena, i'm reallyyyyy not in the mood." i laughed as she tried to force me to school.

"vee, you need to go back. you're not learning anything by sitting in your room and copying my answers. you've missed like 12 tests." she huffed.

i hadn't been back to school since the whole tent thing happened. i admitted to my mom about what had happened and she was not happy.

but she insisted my dad had to know... which did not go well.

"dad, i need to talk to you." i said.

"what's up, vee?" he asked me.

my mom sat next to me, my dad across from me.

"so... luke and i have been together for over a year now..." i trailed, not knowing how to go about telling my dad i'm not a virgin and i had sex in a tent.

"don't tell me you're engaged." he laughed.

my mom noticed i was struggling to talk about it so she helped me out.

"colby, she's trying to say that she and luke had intercourse." my mom told him, sparing me from having to say sex.

i couldn't tell if he was mad or disappointed or what he was feeling but it didn't seem good.

"what the fuck is wrong with you, violet? i thought we raised you better than that!" he started yelling.

"colby, enough." my mom said, making my dad look at her. "think about how old you were when you lost yours." ew she could have spared me that.

"i was 18! i was an adult! she's only 17!" he yelled. yuck i wanna die.

"her birthday is in a week, colby. it's her body. not mine or yours." she told him.

thank god for my mom.

the rest of the evening went even worse because my mom had to tell him about our tent situation.

so here we are... verena is trying to drag me out of bed to go to school. my dad is still kinda pissed at luke but i think he's more understanding since luke is one of his best friends kids.

"xander is picking us up in half an hour so get your ass out of bed. we can even go for brunch if you want... just at least leave the house." nicolette told me.

"i'm only leaving if luke and ayla are going." i groaned.

"they'll be there... it's the whole group." blaise informed me.

i sighed and got out of bed.

"i'm getting a shower." i said.

"yayyy!" they all cheered. i flipped them off and laughed before going to my bathroom.

clearly, it is the middle of summer but i'm taking, along with all of our friends, summer classes so i can graduate earlier, by one quarter.

school wasn't as bad as i expected.... everyone was pretty much over it... besides the one little group of boys who decided to call me a slut. but look shut them up very quickly.

he yelled at them and i think that was enough for everyone to know to leave me alone.

"my feet hurt." i groaned. luke and i decided to walk home instead of getting an uber and i was now regretting it.

"hop on." he laughed, crouching down so i could get on his back.

"wow i love you." i said, hopping on.

"did you wanna go for dinner with everyone or stay in tonight?" he asked me.

"i think we should go." i told him.

"okay. i can't drive us." he offered.

he eventually walked us the whole way back to my house and we went straight up to my room.

"i'm going to get a shower... make yourself comfortable." i laughed as he laid back on my bed.

i got out of the shower and put on a pair of underwear and a bra that i had taken into my room with me and then exited.

"oh shit! sorry west, i didn't know you were here." i said, quickly walking over to my closet and entering.

"it's cool vee." i heard him laugh from my room.

luke, west and verena were all sitting on my bed and i was unaware of anyone else being here.

"i have to pee... anyone wanna come?" blaise asked.

"i'll go." i laughed and stood up with her.

we started the walk to the bathroom and a guy ran into me. he was an older guy... probably late 40s or early 50s.

"sorry about that dear." he smiled.

"uh it's okay." i smiled.

blaise had left me behind to go to the bathroom.

"you look familiar." he stated as i went to walk away.

"hmm i'm not sure." i smiled, not knowing what else to say to him.

"well my name is travis wilshire." he told me.

"i'm violet." i informed him.

"well it was nice to meet you... have a good day." he smiled.

"you too."

well that was weird.

"where were you?" blaise asked me, returning from the bathroom.

"uh... i ran into someone." i told her. "let's go." i said, leading us to the table.

mathews point of view

today, we met.

my plan was to wait a few more weeks to meet you but i couldn't help but to run into you today while you were at dinner. your little red skirt and black crop top reminded me of your mother when she was your age.

we'll be meeting again, violet.

this chapter lowkey sucked i'm sorry :)