the following week

hi i've been reading comments about how quickly adelaide forgave colby and that everyone was mad but it was essential to the next part of the story that they were together so i'm sorry but also it had to happen haha

adelaides point of view

june 19th

colbys family left yesterday, lyla and i both having a hard time with her having to leave. i grew a very close connection with that girl. lisa sent me a picture when they got home of lyla sitting and playing with all of the toys i had bought her to play with while she was at my house.

as of right now, i'm currently alone in the airport, waiting to board my flight to new york to go see elena.

she's five months pregnant which is so exciting. i'm excited to be an aunt. she hasn't told anyone but me so i'm flying out to help her tell our family and bryce.

i'm nervous so i can't imagine how she feels. colby didn't like the idea of me going alone but he had a tfil trip to go on this week while i was gone.

after 5 long hours, i landed in the JFK airport. i opened my louis vuitton palm springs mini backpack, the one i had matching with lyla. i noticed a small thin box. i furrowed my eyebrows, confused, as i pulled the box out.

the note on it read "hey baby. i remember you staring at your laptop for nearly 20 minutes at this so i decided to get it for you simply because you deserve it. much love, colby xx"

i smiled to myself, opening the box. it was the butterfly necklace that i had nearly ordered so many times but not being able to justify the purchase.

 it was the butterfly necklace that i had nearly ordered so many times but not being able to justify the purchase

i wide grin broke out on my face. i quickly took a photo of it on snapchat. i smiled down at the object before removing it from the box and putting it on.

i put text on it and said "my baby surprised me w this because we were both going on separate trips... my heart 🥺🥰" i posted it on my public story before texting colby and thanking him a hundred times.

soon enough, elena was picking me up from the airport to head back to the house.

elena and i had a busy week planned. today we were just hanging out and tomorrow we're telling bryce she's pregnant. on wednesday we're telling my mom and ethan and thursday is apartment hunting and the rest of the week is baby and apartment shopping.

hellooooo guys this is the shortest chapter i've ever and probably will ever put in this story but it's kinda just a filler chapter for now so i could update for you guys

hopefully i'll be able to post again this week :)