the proposal

adelaides point of view

may 10th

"where are we going." i groaned while smiling to colby.

"somewhere fun." he laughed.

colby had told me to dress nicely

colby had told me to dress nicely. he was wearing a tux so i put on a floor length blush dress and a pair of blush heels.

"did i mention you look so beautiful?" he asked

"eight times to be exact." i laughed.

"well it's true." he smiled to me.

eventually we pulled up to the abandoned building on the beach in malibu where colby asked me to be his girlfriend. i smiled, thinking of the memory.

"i've missed it here." i smiled. "why did you make me dress up if we were just coming here?" i laughed.

"just for fun." he laughed. "i like seeing you get all dressed up."

we got out of the car. colby held my hand as we walked up the stairs of the mansion.

"oh my god!" i smiled at the sight of rose petals and tea candles in a circle.

colby grabbed my hand and walked me into the middle of the circle. realization of what was about to come hit me. colby was proposing to me.

he grabbed my hands and got down on one knee in the middle of the circle. tears already started falling.

"adelaide rose nolan, i've been in love with you since the day i met you. you understand me like nobody would understand. almost two years ago, you captured my heart by being exactly who you are. the sweetest, most loving, compassionate and sensitive person i have ever known. you've been my best friend through the good and the bad. you have been the reason that i smile and you have given me comfort beyond measure when i have cried. you have believed in me when no one else did and you have shown me how to love with passion, purity and unconditional acceptance. i'm not sure that a life time would be long enough to return all you have given me, but i promise that the rest of the days i have, ill spend by your side. to laugh with you and to cry with you. in poverty, i promise to keep our love rich and in wealth to never let our love grow poor. together, we are better than we could ever hope to be alone. and today, i give you my love, my trust, and my fidelity forever. you will always be the best part of my day. will you do the honor in becoming my wife?" he asked me.

"of course! i love you so much!" i smiled. he slid the beautiful ring up my finger before he got up from one knee and hugged me, picking me up and spinning me around.

"i love you so much baby!" he said, kissing me.

this location held so much for us. our first date. and now our engagement location.

we stayed there, in each other's presence for quite a while longer. i can't believe i'm engaged.

i smiled to myself and colby led me through the house and into this big room that had a a huge window that you could see the beach from beautifully.

there was a little table that held a single piece of cheesecake. there were more roses and rose petals scattered as well as more candles.

i grinned at him as he led me over to the seat, pulling out one of the chairs for me.

"you're so cute. thank you for this." i smiled

we sat there and shared the piece of cheesecake, my favorite food.

colby told me all about what he went through for this. he explained the ring process, the proposal set up process and how he had to ask my parents for their approval while we were on tour.

"i wanted to propose now so that way we have just over a year to prepare for your june wedding." he smiled to me. i had the sweetest fiancé ever.

"thank you colby. for everything." i smiled to him.

we discussed some minor details of the wedding such as what state we were having it in, the colors and the type of flowers.

this was going to be the best year of my life.