2 babies

july 8th

it's been a month since our wedding, exactly and now i'm sat on the side of my tub, just like tara was a few months prior.

tara and jake got engaged and then she told him she was pregnant... and then they found out it was twins.

now, alisa was sat in my bathroom with me, waiting for my pregnancy test to marinate.

"check it, lis. i'm too nervous. i want this so bad." i confessed as the timer went off.

"ad, i don't mean to burst your bubble but you only really tried once during your ovulation so it's probably negative." she informed me.

i knew this, it wasnt new news. but i was so hoping it was positive.

"oh my god! it's positive!" alissa said, flipping it over.

"NO WAY?!" i yelled, jumping up.

she hugged me and helped me plan my announcement to colby.

i ordered a custom onesie from etsy that said "baby brock. coming february 2020."

it was kind of cringey but i wanted colby there for the first sonogram so i had limited resources.

i express shipped the little onesie to our apartment.

i was going to have tara and kat come over while i took it but i wanted to get their reactions even more.

july 10th

it's been two days since i found out i'm pregnant and today is the day that i'm telling colby... as well as tara.

it's been super hard to keep it to myself. i went baby shopping with tara last night for the twins and nearly cried at all of the cute clothes.

she's three months along and i'm one month so she's quite a bit bigger.

i'm just so ready to tell everyone.

i had decided, by myself, that i won't be publicly sharing my pregnancy until i'm showing... just to try to keep this intimate thing private. i don't want other people's opinions on the situation.

"are you feeling okay, baby?" colby asked me, laying on the bed next to me.

"i'm tired but i'm fine... why?" i asked

"you just seem nervous or something." he said. well yeah i'm about to tell you i'm pregnant with your baby.

i smiled to myself and then reassured him that i'm perfectly fine.

it was later on in the night and i was ready to tell colby. i had gotten the camera and kind of hid it so he didn't think it was a prank.

"colby, can you come here?" i asked.

"yeah, one second." he yelled back.

i waited for him. the present had the onesie as well as a little bamboo rattle and a little baby book.

"what's up, babe?" he asked when he came into the living room.

"come sit." i instructed. "i got you a present." i smiled.

"you didn't have to do that." he laughed.

"here, just open it." i told him

he nodded and took the tissue paper out. when his jaw dropped, i knew he realized.

"what? are you serious? baby!" he said, pulling me into a bone crushing hug as i nodded.

"we're gonna be parents." i smiled, kissing him.

"this better not be a prank." he laughed.

"all real. pinky promise." pinky promises kind of became our thing.

"you haven't gotten a sonogram, right?" he asked.

"no... i found out two days ago so i've been waiting for you." i told him.

"i'm so happy, babe. this is the best surprise ever." he smiled.

july 11th

today is my first sonogram. so i'm surprising tara on the way.

she still has no clue i'm pregnant but i told her that she could come shopping with colby and i and she agreed. colby was driving my range rover to the sonogram place.

we got to the mall and i told tara we should take a picture to document her pregnancy.

"okay... 1... 2... 3 say adelaides pregnant." colby said.

"adelaides pre- wait?! are you serious?" she asked and i nodded as she pulled me into a big hug. "you better not be messing with me." she laughed

"i'm not... i'm due in february." i laughed. she was due in december.

"i'm so excited to be pregnant together." she told me as we went into the mall.

"same... we're about to go to our first sonogram after this." i told her, making her jump up and down. she's so cute.

we went baby shopping for a bit and i just got boy and girl clothes and would return anything i didnt use... or give it to tara if she could use it.

we went to the sonogram place after and sat in the waiting room. i could feel the dirty stares of the boomers around me. i didn't care at all though because i was married and pregnant with my first baby. nothing could bring down the way i feel.

"adelaide brock?" i heard a nurse call. hearing my last name will forever make me smile.

we went back and she did some usual tests and then went into the sonogram.

"so, we normally refer to the baby as male when we're talking but that doesn't mean you're having a boy." the nurse smiled.

upon seeing our baby on the screen, i started crying... i knew tara and colby were both tearing up as well. we had been filming since i wanted to make a little documentary of our baby's life before birth.

"you're going to be such a good mom." the nurse told me as we walked out of the room. i thanked her and we checked out.

we got to hear the babies heart beat and i'm so in love already.

now to tell everyone else we know...