gone but never forgotten

this is the saddest chapter in the story IM SORRY in advance

adelaides point of view

november 7th

i woke up, in colbys arms. i had this off feeling and i couldn't explain it. it just felt like something wasn't right.

i turned the volume down on the tv so it wouldn't wake colby and turned on a random episode of the vampire diaries.

i layed in colbys arms for the duration of the show and then he started to wake up.

"good morning handsome." i laughed at him

"good morning beautiful." he laughed, sitting up.

colby went on his phone and i started watching the next episode of my show.

"hey did you go talk to lexi?" colby spoke up

"oh no... i should probably go do that." i said.

i got out of our bed and walked down two doors to lexis room. i knocked on the door twice since everyone locks their doors due to pranks. there was no answer so i assumed she was still asleep so i knocked a little louder and there was still no answer.

i decided to see if the door was opened anyways. i grabbed the doorknob and opened the door. i noticed that lexi was laying on the floor.

"lexi. what are you doing." i laughed.

"lexi?" i questioned walking over to her. i grabbed her shoulders and notice she was limp. and not breathing. oh my god.

tears immediately streamed down my face. "COLBY! TARA! KAT! JAKE!" i continued to yell everyone's names until colby and tara ran into the room together, both of them now in a panick.

i was bawling, hugging one of my best friends lifeless bodies. tara came over to me while colby called 911. soon enough, jake, sam and kat all came in the room.

the next hour was a blur. the ambulance came and took alexis. they allowed me and colby in the back of the ambulance with her. which was probably a bad idea since i bawled into colbys shirt the whole time while they tried to resurrect her.

she was dead. my best friend was dead.

i can't remember much more expect the feeling of numbness coursing through my body.

november 10th

three days later, we were holding alexis' funeral. my family had flown out from new york, our friends from new york, my family from maryland, my family from pennsylvania, and all of her family flew out.

alexis was like a sister to me. my siblings treated her like a sister. my parents treated her like a daughter and my grandparents loved her as much as they loved me.

elena and nova flew out as well as my parents and my brother.

i said my speech at alexis's funeral which had everyone bawling.

"adelaide, darling. thank you so much for taking care of my baby while you guys were out here in LA. i know that what happened could not have been fixed. i just never imagined my daughter would die of an overdose. it's crazy to think that she was struggling so bad with it." alexis's mom came over to tell me, with tears in her eyes.

i talked to her for a bit. everyone was coming up to me to give their condolences which only made me more sad.

that night, i went home, with colby. i knew that i had to make a video for our shared channel to kind of close it off. i had decided to make the video tonight and then have colby edit it because i don't think i could handle that.