audition

violets pov
november 3rd

"violet brock." the casting agent said as she opened the door.

i was at an audition right now for a new show called 'neighbors.'

it's essentially about a girl, athen, who is super rich and has her whole life planned out. a boy, dylan, moved in next to her. he's basically super poor and has 5 siblings. they don't get along at the start since she thinks he's obnoxious and annoying but then they get closer and eventually fall in love but her family doesn't approve of him since he can't afford to take care of athen.

i'm auditioning as athen's best friend, tezza.

"hi. i'm violet brock and i'm auditioning for the role of tezza brunghert." i smiled to the agents.

"hi, violet! you can go ahead and start the scene whenever you're ready." the one lady told me.

i acted out the scene with the random director acting as athen.

"that was great violet. is there anyway you can act out this next scene as athen?" the one asked me, handing me a new script that i haven't seen

this was typical for an audition. they give you an unseen script to see how you interpret it without practice.

-

"how do you thing you did, babe?" luke asked me as he sat down at the island with a glass of water.

"pretty good. it's my first audition for a show though... so i doubt i'll get it." i admitted.

i heard the door knob move and then my mom entered the house.

"hey baby! how was the audition?" she asked me as she set down the grocery bags. "hi luke." she whispered.

"it was good. there were so many recognizable people auditioning though." i told her.

"any familiar faces?" she asked.

"arlen, that stupid bitch who flirted with luke, was there." i told them, making them both laugh. "she was auditioning for athen. i really hope she doesn't get it cause i don't think i could take being her 'best friend' in the show."

"when are the calls coming?" my mom asked me.

"the eighth." i responded, taking a bite of the bagel i'd made. i set it back on the plate and luke picked it up and also took a bite.

november 8th

"ayla, you got #7 wrong." i told her. i was checking her calc homework. not that i'm any good at calc but luke is. so i was using his answers to check aylas.

i took calculus last year. luke did most of the work for me since i suck at anything math related.

"this shit is so hard. i don't understand why i have to know this." she complained.

"did you do the french homework? i have no clue whether number four is passe composé with être or avoir." i asked her for her answer.

"i think it's et-" she started but was cut off by my phone ringing.

"violet!" i heard my manager say into the phone.

"hey roni!" i said back.

"so i have mixed news. your audition got accepted and they want you on the show!" she said, my excitement through the roof. "but not for the part you auditioned for." she finished.

"what? who do they want me as?" i asked her.

"they want you to play athen!! i told them i'd have to talk to you before we gave them a final ans-" she said but i cut her off.