family drama

adelaides point of view

colby and i just woke up. it's friday, november 19th. today we're having brunch with gage and adam. tomorrow is our dinner with colby's extended family which is obviously nerve racking but not as bad as meet his parents.

i threw on a pair of red and black camo joggers and a black crop top

i threw on a pair of red and black camo joggers and a black crop top. i also grabbed my oversized jean jacket, walking out the door.

we ended up getting an uber to the random brunch place that colby raves about. i'm assuming adam stayed over as he was still there in the morning.

i ended up texting caroline to see if her and hunter wanted to come to brunch. she obviously agreed.

"gage, you don't have to pay for adelaide, i'll get her." colby said to his brother.

"hey no fair, i beat him. and if anything, i'd pay for my food before i'd let you." i said

"i'm just taking care of you baby." he said grinning, kissing in my hair as he was stood behind me, his arms wrapped around my abdomen.

caroline and i got the avocado toast and everyone else got pancakes. we all had small talk during brunch, most of it directed at me since i was the new girl. i didn't mind though.

caroline and i ended up buying tickets for us and our boyfriends to go to a khalid concert with us in the upcoming summer.

caroline reminded me a lot of mel. i think that's why we got along so well.

after brunch, colby paid for our meals against my protests.

"you owe me ice cream or something." i said sticking my tongue out at gage.

"whatever, adelaide." he said laughing.

everytime i looked adams way, he was just staring at me. he was kind of starting to freak me out.

5:38pm november 19th

colby's parents had just gotten home. we were all to go out for dinner to a nearby steak house.
i had made reservations early this morning. colby and i walked hand in hand into the restaurant. lisa and steven followed in suit as well as adam and gage.

"i'm going to run to the restroom real quick. i'll be right back." i said getting up from the table as everyone finished off their meals. i was actually going to pay for everyone dinner

$234 okay not as bad as i expected. i paid and headed back to the table

"i'd like to get the check please." steven said to our waitress who had just walked by.