going home

adelaides point of view

november 12th

i made the decision to fly out to new york with my family, following lexis funeral. i needed to get away from here.

i texted ethan and asked if i could use his parents plane that they rent and of course, he said yes. so elena, nova, my mom and i all flew out to new york in his family's plane while everyone else flew back out of the LAX airport.

i was pretty emotionless since the funeral. i've been crying a ton but it's almost like i can't feel. i don't think it's hit me yet that she's really gone.

colby and i hadn't yet announced our relationship publicly and now was definitely not the time for it.

i stared at the wall for the duration of our 6 hour flight (which i'll never get used to) i know my mom was worried about me but i didn't know what else to do asides from miss her.

when we landed, i knew ethan was going to be waiting for me because there is no way he's not going to visit me at such a hard time in my life.

"adelaide!" i heard his voice say as i went down the plane stairs.

"eth" i smiled, for the first time in a while, and ran into his opened arms.

i missed the sense of security he gave me. colby gave me the same sense, but more powerful. however, in this situation, i think that i just needed to be away from the reminders of lexi.

my mom, elena and lilana were getting an uber back to my moms but ethan offered to drive me.

he let me cry to him the whole way to my moms which was much needed.

we walked up the penthouse stairs and i unlocked and opened the door. i dropped my singular bag on the floor to pet lion and tiger who were visiting me.

lion and tiger reminded me of lexi. she loved my big babies.

ethan has been here before so we just decided to head up to my room so i could settle in.

walking into the room, this immediate feeling of pain and sadness filled my heart. all of the nights that lexi and i had stayed up in here, laughing and talking about nothing or watching movies or crying over homework or boys together.

tears fell down my face and i let out an ugly cry. immediately, ethan wrapped me up in his arms and was trying to calm me down

"e, she's gone. she's really gone." i bawled into his chest, making his white shirt see through.

"adelaide, you know she wouldn't want you to feel like this." he said, gripping onto me tighter. my heart was in pain.

"i can't stay here." i cried him.

"it's okay. it's okay. you can come stay at mine for as long as you need. i'm sure my parents would love to have you there." he said, rubbing my head that was laying against his chest.

i nodded and then i eventually calmed down.

"thank you, eth." i said pulling away after about 5 minutes.

"you know i'd do anything for you." he smiled. he grabbed my hand and we went down the stairs. it wasn't in a romantic way by any means, he was just comforting me.

"adelaide dear.... i'm so sorry for you lose. we will all miss lexi very much." celine said to me with her thick french accent before pulling me into a hug.

"i know celine. i'll miss her so much." i said, hugging her back.

"i remember when you girls were just little and you always wanted me to make you macarons for your tea parties. such adorable and well behaved girls you were." she said, tears in her eyes.