lost

adelaides pov
september 8th

"it's almost 7... where is violet?" i questioned.

"maybe she went to one of her friends... i'm sure she's fine." cartia told me.

"i dunno... she hasn't said anything in the our friends group chat in like six hours." grayson told me.

"colby, do you think she's okay?" i asked my husband.

"i'm sure she's fine, babe. why don't you call luke?" he suggested.

"i'll just go over and see if she's there. it's just very unlike her not to answer her phone." i said. "have any of you seen her today?"

they all shook their heads no.

i knocked in the webber's door, kai opening the door.

"hey aunt adelaide, what's up?" he asked.

"hey, are any of the webber's here?" i laughed since i was at their house.

"uhhh yeah... luke and ayla are upstairs, why?" he asked.

"have you talked to violet?" i asked him.

"not in a few hours... i'm confused." he laughed.

i was about to tell him what was going on but luke and ayla entered the room.

"hey, adelaide!" ayla greeted.

"hey... have either of you spoken to violet?" i asked.

"she hasn't texted me back in over six hours... she mentioned going for some shoot today." ayla said.

"she didn't have a shoot today. have you talked to her?" i asked luke.

"nah. she texted me like five hours ago and then we haven't talked since." he responded. "she did mention her shoot though. i think with the guy from louis vuitton."

"is she okay?" ayla asked me.

"i hope... i haven't seen or talked to her all day and she won't answer her phone." i told them.

"she came over in the morning and said she had a shoot with that guy. ah shit, i can't think of his name..." luke trailed off.

"i'll call her manager but i'm nearly positive that she didn't have anything today. what was the last thing she texted you?" i asked him.

"i'd rather not share." he smirked, making me roll my eyes.

"cmon luke, just tell me." i requested.

"i just told her she looked hot cause she sent me a picture of her a bikini." he told me. i knew he was leaving out details but i decided to let it go.

"okay..."

"mathew! the guy she's shooting with is named mathew." he told me, making my blood run cold and chills cover my body. it couldn't be him.

i knew that luke wouldn't know his last name so instead i called violets manager, roni, to make sure she didn't have a shoot today.

"hey, roni. it's adelaide." i answered.

"adelaide, it's great to hear from you! what's up?" she asked.

"um... did violet have a shoot today?" i asked.

"give me a second." she replied as i heard papers moving around. "no... she had that big one for louis vuitton and then in four days she has that shoot with cosmo for the cover." she told me.

"oh my god." i replied under my breath.

"is everything okay?" she asked.

"adelaide said she had a shoot today and now no one has seen or heard from her." i told her.

"i'll be right over." she replied, hanging up.

tara and jake must have heard me since they came down the stairs. i explained the situation and then the whole group migrated back to my house to figure out where the fuck my daughter is at.

"she said she was doing a shoot with mathew? who's mathew?" cartia asked.

"i met him... so did west and verena. he was probably in his late fourtys or earlier fifties. he had dark hair and dark eyes. he was probably around 5'11 or so... i was taller than him. he had like a medium build." luke informed us.

i shared a look with colby, both of us thinking the same exact thing. but we hoped it wasn't true.

his restraining order ended after fifteen years so what would be stopping him from going after her now. absolutely nothing.

we didn't know if it was him... but by the description we could only assume that it was the mathew who was our neighbor.

"what does her life 360 say?" i asked luke. colby and i were not invasive parents so we did not have a life 360 for any of our kids but violets friend group all had life 360 to track each other for some reason.

"she must've turned it off or blocked me from it. i can't see her location." luke said.

"she turned it off. she would've never blocked all three of us on it." ayla announced.

"i agreed. that's unlike her." grayson told us.

a few tears fell down my face. i quickly wiped them and then asked luke and ayla to text their friends to see if they could see her on life 360 or if they had heard from her.

i called my mom while they were doing that and she told me she'd be over as soon as possible.

west, verena, blaise, jasper and lockett all came over to our house.

our house was basically like eric formans basement... my kids friends just come and go as they please. even when the kids aren't here.

"lockett, shut the fuck up. she is not cheating on luke." verena told lockett.

"it was an idea! i don't think she actually would." lockett defended herself.