pregnant

adelaides point of view

june 11th

"addi i need to tell you something." elena said to me as we were on facetime together.

"okay what's up." i asked, kind of suspicious.

"i...i'm pregnant?" she said but it came out as more of a question.

my jaw dropped. my baby sister just told me she's pregnant. she's only 17. i was left speechless.

"addi please say something you're scaring me." she said

"who all knows?" i managed to get out.

"me and you. i don't know what to do." she said as tears ran down her face.

i nodded before asking her "who's the dad?" i said as i tapped my finger on the counter, confused at how to react.

"i-i uh can't tell you that." she said, stuttering.

"what? why?" i asked, still insanely confused.

"you're gonna kill me adelaide. i can't tell you." she said.

"who is it?" i asked her again.

"it's um b-bryce." she said looking down.

after nights and nights of me crying to her about the abuse, physical and emotional, she couldn't see that he was bad. she didn't just break girl code, she broke sister code. a few tears rolled down my face as i realized that she had slept with my abusive ex boyfriend. she was pregnant with his baby and i can guarantee he wanted nothing to do with elena or the baby.

"you need to tell ethan or mom. i can't help you." i said pressing end on the phone.

my emotions were everywhere at this point. yes, i had felt bad for her and for hanging up on her but i also felt so betrayed and upset.

i decided to text her. "sorry colby was coming up the stairs... i'll call you in a bit." yes that was an excuse but i didn't want to stress her out.

colby did walk in the door just moments later though.

"hey." he said sitting on the bed. "are you ready to see my family?" he smiled.

"i can't wait to see your mom." i said smiling but letting out a shaky breath as i though about elena.

"yeah? she keeps talking about going shopping with you." he said laughing. i smiled however was unable to get what elena had just told me out of my mind.

"what time are they coming in?" i asked, sitting down on one of the kitchens stools.

"they'll be landing in about.. 3 hours or so. they're bringing my little cousin, lyla, in with them because her parents went on an unexpected business trip." he said.

so now we have a 4 year old, colbys dad, colbys mom, gage and adam all staying with us for the next week.

i nodded, still thinking about elena.

"are you okay adelaide? i mean are you alright with lyla staying with us?" he asked.

"no... lyla is adorable of course she can stay." i said back, telling the honest truth.

"then what's wrong addi?" he asked me as he reached for my glass of water, taking a sip.

"nothing... it's just... nothing, i'm fine." i said, internally groaning at myself for making it seem like i was hiding something.

as much as i wanted to tell him, elena didn't tell me i could so i wasn't doing to.

he tried to get it out of me for at least another ten minutes but i wouldn't give in. he eventually left the room to go hang out with jake and corey so i went up into colby and i's room and facetimed elena.