cant get away

adelaides point of view
july 23th

incoming call: dad

i swiped the answer button as soon as it popped up because i assumes it was an update for elena.

he must've had bad service because it didn't connect automatically, which worked in my favor as i was trying to make it sound as though colby didn't just rip my heart out, throw it on the ground and stomp on it.

"ad. adelaide i'm so sorry. lil didn't make it." he said. i could tell he was crying. i felt my whole body go numb with the information. my aunt lillian had just died, colby cheated on me, and i have no clue if elena is okay or how the baby is.

"ad? can you hear me?" my dad asked through the phone.

"i-i have to go." i said dropping my phone.

i cried. i laid on my bed and cried. i cried harder than i ever did before. i felt so stupid and used. i gave colby everything and he cheated on me. my aunt, one of my best friends, had passed away. my sister is having pregnancy issues. i don't know if she's okay or if the baby is okay.

i guess i cried until i fell asleep because next thing i know, tara is walking into my suite with jake and corey following her.

i looked up from my bed. as soon as tara saw my red, tear stained face, she ran over to me and hugged me.

"she's dead." i said.

"what? who?" tara said.

"my aunt lily is dead."

"oh my gosh addi i'm so sorry." tara said trying to console me.

i was numb. i simply couldn't comprehend or feel. i never felt so alone. despite being with 3 of the closest people to me.

"can you ask sam and kat to come hang out with us later? i don't want to keep crying. we could go get sushi or something." i said.

"yeah of course ad, i'll text them." tara said.

i nodded to her and then requested that someone make sure colby was okay. he may have cheated on me and broke my heart but i'm still in love with him.

our friends did choose me over him in this situation, which is understandable, but i'm sure that had to hurt him.

"do you wanna go shopping or something so you don't have to think about it?" tara asked me.

"that actually sounds really nice. can someone grab my bag from the car so i can get ready?" i asked. jake nodded so i went into the bathroom to get a shower.

i looked at myself in the mirror. i can't be caught up over this. i'm adelaide fucking nolan. i'm not gonna sit here and cry over a boy who cheated on me. i'm better than that.

i hopped in the shower and washed up really quick so i didn't have time to think. i got out and put on my robe that i thankfully left at the hotel and i went out and grabbed my clothes.

i got ready in about 25 minutes while everyone else watched the office on my tv. sam and kat showed up while i was doing my makeup.

we all went out and got in my car. i was driving with tara in the passenger seat. sam, corey and kat were sitting in the middle row and jake and reggie were sitting in the back of the car where there is no seat.

we eventually got to rodeo drive and immediately headed to the gucci store.

i did some major retail therapy at gucci, balenciaga, louis vuitton, ysl and chanel

not my best idea but i surely didn't mind.

we went out for sushi after that and to be honest, i didn't really think about colby at all.

we were now back at the hotel. everyone was sleeping except tara and i. tara, kat and i were all comfortably laying out on my california king bed. jake was laying on my one couch and corey and sam were sleeping in blowup mattresses on either side of my bed. reggie has gone home which was fine.

i love my friends.