italy

adelaides point of view

september 14th

"hey bear, i had to run home to pack for our trip. meet me at my parents house at 6am. i'll have breakfast ready for you, angel. love you. drive safe." i read the note that was on my nightstand. i smiled to myself.

you're probably thinking "i love you" after 3 weeks of dating? not really. we just say love you. like in a sense of i love my best friend or i love harry styles. i'm not in love with them, i just love them.

i looked at my phone to see that it was 5:26. i had to be out of the house by 5:45 so i quickly got out of bed and into the shower.

i was out the door by 5:42 and opening the car to my g wagon, which was the chosen car for the morning.

apparently it was the right choice because there was a big bouquet of roses from venus (ya know the roses that live for a year that come in those big bouquets)

i grinned widely, reading the note on the flowers

"good morning bear. hope you're excited for italy. this is my 'i'm sorry i had to leave before you woke up' gift. again, drive safe because i need you here with me. love you angel.

- lover boy "

i took a picture for my snapchat story before i quickly took the flowers in, setting them on the counter. i made a mental note to text tara to take them up to my room.

i captioned the snapchat "wow i'm spoiled... thanks lover boy 🥺🥰"

i pulled out of my driveway and began the journey to ethans house.

i listened to the lumineers the whole way there, trying to get into the fall vibe.

i stopped and got us both pumpkin cold brews from starbucks before getting back on the road

upon arrival, i saw ethans jeep in the driveway.

as soon as i opened my car door, ethan, along with a really pretty girl, emerged.

"baby!" ethan said as he came over and hugged me.

"hi babe. thank you for the flowers!" i said hugging him back as he kissed all over my face, making me giggle.

"this is my moms PA, maria. maria, this is my girlfriend adelaide." her smile lit up as she hugged me.

"hi! it's so nice to meet you!" she said.

"you too!" i said, hugging his moms personal assistant back. she seems really sweet and she was beautiful.

"here we'll help you with your bags." she said as i opened my trunk.

her and ethan each grabbed out one bag, me getting my purse and duffel bag.

"your dress is already in the car ready to go." ethan said, talking about the dress that his mom and i had gone to get fitted for me just the previous day. i nodded to him as they put my bags in the black cadillac escalade.