Chapter 18

The lilic headed male thought about what would be useful enough to lure Jimin in but not allow him too far into his life.

He thought about it for a minute before looking at Jimin. "What is it you would like for me to tell you?" Taehyung questions with his voice a few octaves lower than normal.

Jimin couldn't help but let a shiver run down his spine at the taller's sexy tone. He bites down on one half of the left side of his lower lip while seductively gazing at him.

"I don't know, tell me anything. Your family?" He then suggests when he notices that Taehyung was still unsure on what to talk about.

'Bingo!' The younger thought as he decides to use his family's sob story to gain Jimin's trust more, like he's allowing the smaller into a part of his life.

Taehyung puts on his best acting skills as he now stared at the table with a saddened expression.

Immediately, Jimin springs into action, feeling like he's crossed the line. "I mean you don't need to!" He cries out while shaking his hands in dismissal so that the younger will feel less pressured to do so.

The lavender haired male simply sighs, causing Jimin brows to furrow. "No, it's okay." The taller teen admits as he peers up to meet with Jimin's eyes, showing the painful sadness that lingered in his own.

Jimin felt horrible for causing such an expression to form on Taehyung's face.

The lilic headed boy had to hold back a snigger when he sees how buttered the other was, 'this is too easy.'

Though he will confess, his family past did still somewhat have an effect on him, even if he chooses to keep it hidden from anyone.

Only Jungkook knew vaguely about his father's passing and how his mother turned into what she is today. It almost made Taehyung sad again over how much he actually trusted the ravenette boy with his secrets and past.

He straightens in his chair while announcing the truth, "actually...my father died when I was still a child and my mother didn't take too well to it, she seeks comfort in a lot of men now. She's just never been the same."

If Taehyung was honest, he didn't care that he basically called his mom a slut because she kinda is nor did he seem to bother with the fact that he openly announced it to someone.

'Payback for forcing me on this trip soon and being an ass by sticking around that Mr Jeon longer than necessary.' He smirks to himself as he awaits for Jimin's respond.

He was beyond surprised when Jimin reaches forward and places a hand over the once nerdy boy's resting fingers that lay on the table. Taehyung couldn't contain the shock as his orbs expand in size.

"I'm really sorry to hear that Taetae, you must have felt so alone for so long."

Hearing this caused something to trigger in Taehyung as he frowns down at they're locked hands before he slowly removes it away.

He glances away from their table to instead watch all the happy, rich couples dining on their meals for the evening.

Jimin notices the sudden change in Taehyung's behaviour as he exhales faintly, "my parents were never around during my childhood days. Hell, they're still not around." He chuckles bitterly, catching Taehyung's attention once again.

The taller observes how Jimin keeps his gaze fixed on staring at the table cloth while he reminisces his childhood over and over again in his mind.

Taehyung wasn't sure what to say nor do, he wasn't particularly the best when it comes to comforting.

But The elder continues, "sorry this is about you not me." He smiles up at the younger, only momentarily causing Taehyung's heart to beat a tad quicker than usual.

He had seen Jimin's smile many times before but for some reason this one in particular was enough to have him in an almost trance.

'Shit! Focus bitch!' He growls to himself, not wanting to get himself carried away but instead make Jimin the one to falter.

"No, no it's alright to tell me." Taehyung suggests, reaching out to touch Jimin's hand like he had done beforehand.

He needed Jimin to open up to him, to allow him into his life too.

The elder exhales through his nose, "my parents are workaholics, they were always too busy to even be there for important things like my birthdays or school shows, anything like that."

Taehyung could feel the elder's hand slightly shake underneath him. He was surprised at Jimin's behaviour towards his past as he stares at the older who was too busy looking down.

"So I understand what it's like to be lonely," he suddenly confesses in a whisper, lifting his gaze to gawk at Taehyung's.

The purple haired male was bewildered, he didn't know how to respond to Jimin's words.

Truth was, he did feel lonely, he always did...that is, till Jungkook came along.

Taehyung finds himself shaking his head lightly, wanting to get rid of the black headed male from his mind.

He had to keep focus, he had to make Jungkook feel the exact way he did; heartbroken.