Chapter 35

Taehyung and Jin were currently inside the lavender haired boy's bedroom as they munch down on the snacks they bought.

"So you really don't have any siblings?" The younger questions his new friend.

Jin weakly shakes his head, sensing a piercing feeling course through his chest when he does so.

The other scoops out another spoonful of mint chocolate ice cream as he shoves it into his mouth. "Same," he spoke through a mouthful.

Sometimes Taehyung wished he had a sibling, someone he could've played with as a child and had to protect and support him as a teenager.

But those were just silly thoughts that would never come true.

Jin twitches against the bedsheets, attempting to make himself more comfortable by sitting in a cross-legged position.

"T-Taehyung," he murmurs, keeping his gaze locked on the bag of chips in his hands.

"Hmm?" Taehyung hums while picking up another spoonful of ice cream.

The mousy brown teen bites his lower lip, going over what he agreed to with Jimin again in his head.

"Umm...do y-y-yyou li-like s-someo-o-one?"

Taehyung freezes up at his words, unsure if Jin was trying to show that he likes Taehyung or if he was just generally curious.

"I-" the younger trails out but Jin cuts in, "-I m-m-mean, be-because...well, I h-heard that J-Jimin is interest-t-ted in y-y-you."

The taller blinks, letting Jin's sentence sink in.

"W-how do you know that?" He wonders, staring at the other with unsure eyes.

"It's j-j-j-just...Ji-Jimin's a ni-nice guy y-y-you kn-know? I t-t-t-think you sh-should give h-h-h-him a t-try, th-that's-s-s all." He weakly suggests, keeping his gaze elsewhere like he's afraid he might have done something wrong if he meets eyes with the other.

Taehyung remains silent, he allows himself to think over the other's words carefully. 'Why is he sweet talking about Jimin? What the heck is going on?'

The younger wasn't sure where Jin might have got this information from but he guessed it may be helpful in helping him get closer with Jimin.

"Hmm, and why do you think I should do that?" He leans in towards the older, causing Jin to turn beetroot red.

"I-it's just I've s-s-spoke to him b-before, he j-just s-s-seems n-n-nice...not to m-mention I think h-he's in-into y-y-you."

This made Taehyung smile sweetly while leaning back to his original position. 'I guess the chasing game really is working with the blonde idiot.'

A silence engulfs them till Jin's phone suddenly dings in his pocket. He pulls it out and Taehyung couldn't help but notice that it's an older model. 'Doesn't he keep up with the latest trends?'

This made Taehyung take a good look at the brunette boy closer now. He started to notice how plain Jin dresses, like he's wearing similar things everyday.

Jin stares at his screen, seeing it's a notification from Instagram. Specifically, it being from Jimin.

He clicks onto it, having a picture appear on screen.

It was a group picture. They were all huddled together, large grins on their faces while they pose for the photo.

Jin couldn't help himself but let his orbs glance towards Yoongi. He had a small smile on his lips, making Jin's cheeks turn the lightest shade of pink.

Yoongi wasn't particularly the type to smile in pictures, yet he seemed to be completely comfortable with the boys surrounding him. It may not be large, but the grin was still there.

The lilic haired male notices how Jin was intensely staring at his phone with a small smile dancing on his face. This made the taller raise a brow as he snatches the phone away from the smaller's grasp.

"What's this?" He questions aloud, peering his eyes down to gawk at the screen.

Immediately, his focus is trained on Jungkook. He was smirking, making Taehyung not very surprised since it's really the only expression he can make.

Taehyung swallows hard, his attention falling away from the screen while he dwells in his thoughts.

Jin timidly panics when Taehyung takes his phone away, making him scared that he might notice that Jin was staring at one of them.

"O-oh, it's j-j-just a n-notific-c-cation." He states, stealing his phone back.

Debating over it, Taehyung finally asks, "where are they? Check the tagged location." He demands towards the older who instantly obeys.

The brown haired senior shows Taehyung the screen, making the younger smirk. "Guess we're going out after all."