Chapter 78

Taehyung repeatedly kept giving Jin a look that suggests he does not, for one second, believe the other's tall tale.

"So you fell down the stairs and that's why you're in such a condition?" The taller slowly spoke, his eyes squinting into an almost invisible dot while he inspects the clearly noticeable plasters and bruises littered over Jin's body.

Though, the large white bandage that was wrapped tightly around the other's head was the most noticeable thing on him. It stuck out like a sore thumb and made Taehyung think over their already planned weeks.

"We don't have to go you know, I can try and get us out of it somehow." The younger  quietly mutters, a tad irritated that he can't activate his cunning plan but he never wanted to go to begin with anyway.

He'd much rather stay at home and judging by his appearance, Taehyung knew he couldn't just desert Jin like this.

However, as much as he was reluctant in going since he didn't exactly get much of a choice in the first place, Jin didn't want to disappoint Taehyung nor miss his opportunity to spend time with Yoongi, his other friend.

So with a stiff shake off his head, he mumbles the words, "no! We should still go, I'll be okay."

Taehyung definitely wasn't convinced but he knew better than to prey into other's businesses. After all, he made a promise not to snoop into Jin's private matters unless he says otherwise.

Yet, it made Taehyung feel like he was some sort of horrible friend than if he does keep his nose out of things.

But what more could he do?

He guessed he would just keep a close watch over Jin and find out what the problem is without stating the obvious.

'Cautious and sneaky, that's the best way to find out the information.'

~*~

The group were in the midst of their journey, having left around 8am to make sure they don't get caught up in too much traffic.

Usually, Taehyung would travel by the use of his private jet since he despises driving.

But, of course, Mr Jeon and his mother had a different approach to the journey.

They insisted that they all drive in a large 10 seater minivan so that they can all share more time together.

Taehyung immediately refused to get in, having a deathly glare in his eyes when they met with his smirking mother.

"What's wrong baby? Are you scared?" She teased, emphasising the word while whispering gently into his ear.

Taehyung's entire demeanour turned to that of a ballistic monster. He was beyond vexed towards his mother as he straightens his posture.

"I'll be taking the jet," he spoke firmly, spinning on his heels to walk away from the woman's sight.

But of course, Mrs Kim would never let Taehyung weasel away so easily. "Don't be silly! I called in advance to make sure that you can't get your hands on a single one of our jets," she paused, a devilish smirk slowly appearing. "I guess you'll just have to drive then."