Chapter 68

Jin, Namjoon and Yoongi reunite with the other two as they take note on the pairs completely contrasted expressions.

Hoseok was beaming brightly while Jimin just stood around, his shoulders limp and his features sad.

"Where are they?" Yoongi was the one to ask, his gaze remain solely on Jimin when he sees just how upset he looks.

"They're together, I suggest we let them be for now." Hoseok firmly states to the others before he peers over towards the timidest looking boy there. "Hello Jin, how are you?" He questions, smiling friendly at the out of place teen.

Jin bites his lower lip, worried about Taehyung and where he might possibly be. "I-I-I'm o-okay," he whispers, playing with his fingers.

Namjoon's eyes intensely stare down at Jin's twiddling hands, wishing he could help calm him down more.

So he outstretches his own hand, gently moving in close to capture Jin's skin within his.

However, Yoongi too had also noticed Jin's uncomfortable behaviour and already extended his palm out as he enlaces the older's hand in his.

Jin was in shock, he gawks down at their hands, feeling his heartbeats dance with excitement.

Namjoon purses his lips, curving his hand into a fist as he pulls his fist back to his side. He aggressively frowns, a small scowl travelling over his expression.

Hoseok had been observing cautiously, distinguishing closely each of his friends' behaviour over Jin. His eyes repeatedly flicker from Namjoon to Yoongi as a small grin develops onto his face.

'Very interesting...' he thought as the boys continue to stand around in a lopsided circle, not having anything to say after the whole announcement of their friends' parents' engagement only moments ago.

~*~

Taehyung furiously rubs his eyes with his sleeves, attempting to somehow calm his heavy breathing.

He was currently hidden within the small forest just a little off from where the party was.

Taehyung's mouth lay agape as he sniffles to contain himself. The boy was so busy trying to conceal his pain that he failed to spot a dark shadow creeping up from behind.

"Taetae?" The figure croaks out, causing Taehyung's body to taut at the mere sound.

The tears still spill but the teen was now silent, keeping his head facing away from Jungkook. "G-go away!" He ushers out, clearly displaying his anger for the other.

Jungkook proceeds to wear an emotionless expression as he moves closer to the younger, completely ignoring the boy's demand.

Taehyung could hear the older's footsteps gain closer to him. Though, when a small twig is snapped by Jungkook's shoe, Taehyung immediately growls with rage as he spins round to glare at his ex-lover.

"Fuck off!! Why can't you not understand that I wanna be alone right now!!!" He barks at the smaller, sheer rage being the only thing present within his emotions and expression.

This didn't scare Jungkook off but it did make him do something unexpected.

Something that Taehyung didn't see coming.

He engulfs the taller into his arms, cuddling him close just like he used to do whenever Taehyung was sad.

It kindles a flashback, something so painful for Taehyung to ever remember that he pushed it to the back of his mind.

But he shouldn't have done that...since it could've been a clue to Jungkook's lie, a sign that their relationship was built on nothing but a bet.
.
.
.
.
.
Taehyung apprehensively sat on top of Jungkook's bed spread, waiting patiently for the boy to get home to confront him over what he had just seen only hours ago.