Chapter 65

Namjoon appears next to Jin as he glares at the waiter, "shouldn't you be doing your job, Chung-jae?" He firmly murmurs.

Jin was surprised to see the pink headed male here as he stares on, wide eyed at the other.

The waiter, or Chung-jae as Namjoon calls him, makes a face at the taller boy before huffing and walking away to carry on with his job.

Blinking repeatedly, Jin maintains eye contact with the side of Namjoon's cheek, completely at a loss at what just happened.

Namjoon picks up the glass that Chung-jae had previously been holding out for Jin to take and passes it over to the brunette.

"Here," he spoke quietly now, sounding more calm and relax compared to just a few seconds ago.

"Th-thanks." Jin whispers, suddenly losing all form of confidence that he previously had.

The younger stares into Jin's orbs for a few seconds before clearing his throat. "So, I see you're drinking a martini." He comments, only causing Jin to look at him in uncertainty.

"Wh-wh-what?" Namjoon nods his head at the glass, obviously pointing out the fact that Jin had been trying to get an alcoholic drink, something Namjoon did not think Jin would ever drink.

"O-oh!" Jin's realisation kicks in as he shakes his head. "Th-this isn't m-m-mine, it's T-T-T-Taehyung's!"

The younger hums lowly, "Taehyung's...of course." He mumbles, a little annoyed at how Taehyung treats his friend. His only friend at that.

Jin could feel the thin layer of tension forming between the pair as he debates how he will escape away from Namjoon.

His lips fasten together, gawking at the grassy ground in awkwardness. It feels strange being left in the presence with just Namjoon.

The pair never really had much to say, making it difficult to say anything or even look at each other, for Jin anyway.

Namjoon licks over his lower lip, "so why are you here?" He tries to not sound too mean but Jin couldn't help but feel a little offended.

'Does he think I'm not good enough to be here?' He wonders, 'but...am I good enough?' The alarming thoughts were only making things worse for Jin as his chaotic mind begins to swirl around his home life and past events throughout his childhood.

It sparked a sudden anxiety attack to occur as Jin drops the glass to the ground while tears form over his pupils.

Namjoon's lips had also caved from his casual grin to an abrupt look of loss and complete fear.

He didn't know what to do when he saw the far off look in Jin's eyes, how the older had completely shut down and was refusing to breathe.

Without thinking twice, Namjoon snatches up Jin's wrists and drags him away from the current party that was still going on around them.

During this time, Taehyung had finally bagged himself some alone time with his mother as he glares her down, grilling her for any clues that might suggests her motives for today's affair.

"Cut the innocence and tell me the truth!" Her son hisses through grit teeth, a scorching glower in his burning orbs.

He wanted the truth, even if that meant he would have to stand here all day speaking to her.

Mrs Kim's face momentarily falters into a stunned expression before transforming into one of those infamous spiteful smug look.

She bares that smirk, that same dirty smirk that has Taehyung set over-edge.

"Guess you'll have to wait and see for yourself, wouldn't you?" She tantalises her poor child before walking off confidently with her clicking heels echoing in the foreground.