Chapter 74

Jimin knew he was being clingy but he just couldn't help himself as he restlessly bounces his knee while spinning his phone in a circular motion on top of the table.

He was lost in his train of thoughts, staring gracefully off into the distance.

That was, till Yoongi snapped him out of it.

"Are you even listening?" The elder of the two murmurs, already knowing the answer to his question.

Jimin lets out a heavy sigh, turning his gaze away from the backyard pool to instead look at his pale friend.

"Is it wrong to want someone so bad but you might hurt the people around you?"

This caught Yoongi off-guard. Not necessarily because of what Jimin said, but instead how he said.

It was like Jimin was truly sad by this issue, like he couldn't wrap his thoughts around it and that it was on his mind 24/7.

Yoongi licks his bottom lip, peering away from his crush's face as he wanders over to the side of the pool and takes a seat down to place his feet inside the lukewarm water.

He wasn't really in the mood to talk about Taehyung and how the blondie was oh so in love with him.

Yet, he didn't want to hurt or upset Jimin any more than he already is.

"If you love that person, you'll do everything you can to make them look your way," Yoongi's gaze returns to Jimin's face, an almost pained expression crossing his eyes since his own friend couldn't see how much he was in love with him.

"...Even if it means hurting others around you." The older spoke quietly, somewhat answering Jimin's question.

"So what you're saying is it'll happen no matter what I do?" Jimin was conflicted. He wanted Taehyung so bad...but that means going behind Jungkook's back.

His own best friend.

He hadn't even seen Jungkook much ever since their brief quarrel when Jimin walked out on his friends to meet with Taehyung.

It made the blonde headed male sort of sad. He missed his best friend even if he didn't admit it aloud.

He picks up his phone, deciding to call Taehyung. 'If he doesn't answer, then I'll stop here even if it hurts me.'

Yoongi observes on while his worriedly looking friend raises the small device to his ear.

The ringing taunted Jimin's mind as he persistently thumps his foot against the concrete ground to maintain his patience.

The sound repeatedly booms over the line, making Jimin chomp down on his bottom lip in anticipation.

'If he doesn't answer, I'll stop. If he doesn't answer, I'll stop. If he doesn't answer, I'll stop.' His mind was repetitively chanting this, almost being identical to a broken record that was playing on repeat.

It was causing the teen great anxiety, completely lost in his own uneasiness as he waits.

Jimin was almost sure Taehyung wouldn't pick up when the call still rings out as he's about to hang up.

However, "hello?" It was Taehyung's voice, the one thing Jimin had been waiting for.

The poor blondie was at a complete loss for words as his mouth hangs open before shutting like a fish out of water. "H-h-hi," he didn't know what else to say.

This was it. This was the sign he had been waiting for. He knew now that he was going to pursue Taehyung.

Yoongi watched on with sadness, he could obviously see just how much Taehyung impacts the younger's life. 'Its like we're back in time again, going round in stupid circles where, in the end, he never notices me.'

It was sad to admit it but Yoongi knew he couldn't give up hope, at least not yet.

Meanwhile, on the other end of the phone, Taehyung stood, waiting for Jimin to announce his reason behind the phone call.

But when the older doesn't confess to any form of an excuse, Taehyung decides to take matters into his own hands.

"Why did you call me, Jimin?" The purple haired boy had to admit, it wasn't exactly great timing for him to get a call. Taehyung still had yet to deal with a bruised and battered Jin upstairs when Jimin phoned.

Taehyung almost suspected stalling behaviours coming from Jimin, like he couldn't quite pinpoint his reason.

"I-are you busy right now?" The platinum headed teen asks, surprising both Taehyung and Yoongi.

'Is he going to ditch me for him?' The silver haired youngster thought, a sudden feeling of annoyance radiating throughout his body.

But of course, having Jin, his only friend in such a critical state, Taehyung declines.

He was selfish and didn't think too much on others but he wasn't evil. Taehyung could easily see that Jin needed him a lot more than Jimin did right in that second.

He'd like to think Jin would do the same for him too if the tables were switched.

"I'm sorry Jimin, I can't right now...there's something more important that I have to do." Taehyung tried to not sound like a dick because, to some degree, he actually liked and cared for Jimin.

But right now, it was Jin's turn to need help and so without another word falling from his lips, Taehyung hangs up.

Jimin removes his phone away from his ear, his orbs expanding into an almost large black dot in the middle of his eyes.

He gawks at his phone, seeing that it was true, Taehyung did hang up on him.

The blondie couldn't figure out what to feel first, 'should I be mad? But he did say something important came up.'

"What happened?" Yoongi vocalises his own thoughts, confused yet happy to see that Taehyung didn't accept Jimin's offer.

With his gaze still remained intensely on his screen, the younger of the two answers, "he hung up on me."

"Oh?" Yoongi raises one brow, somewhat becoming a tad interested in why Taehyung would be so quick to decline Jimin.

'Wasn't he using him or something to get back at Kook?' Yoongi could easily see through Taehyung's behaviour that he was only looking to cause trouble.

He was quite sure Hoseok too, could see this.

Yet everyone else seemed to be oblivious to the whole ordeal, like they couldn't possibly see the other doing wrong.

And that annoyed Yoongi more.