Chapter 83

Hoseok had given the other three jobs to help finish prepping the meal for that evening.

Instead of having Namjoon cut anymore - or more so, himself, he gave the role to both Taehyung and Jungkook to finish, which neither one was pleased over.

As for Namjoon, Hoseok suggested he should shadow Jin and get some tips on how to increase his rather awful cooking skills.

He also made Yoongi join the pair and assist the eldest with the dessert.

Now in retrospect, the grouping is probably the worst and stupidest thing Hoseok could possibly do.

However, he had a plan.

He was going to watch both groups carefully, wanting to pick out a little more on all of their body language and such just to get a fuller picture.

Currently, both Taehyung and Jungkook were giving each other the cold shoulder as they have their backs facing one another while they cut quietly to themselves.

Taehyung was already beyond pissed with Jungkook at this point to even spare him a single glance.

'That would make me look like I'm being too nice.' He though pettily.

'First he makes me fall for him, takes my virginity, breaks my heart and then tries to act like a fucking angel and comfort me over the fact he's my soon-to-be brother!'

Jungkook was just as bad, being childish since he knew Taehyung was doing the same.

All he was trying to do was cheer the latter up after the announcement was made, it wasn't like he was glad about it either.

The ravenette thought Taehyung was just being selfish...but then his mind fell back to his previous conversation with Jimin.

How he promised to step back and allow his best friend the advantages to see whether what he feels for Taehyung is love or not.

Despite this, it still made Jungkook feel this disgusted sickness that seems to form whenever his mind processes the issue.

As for the opposite group, Hoseok had already warned Namjoon prior while being bandaged up that he should not be grumpy that he's helping the other two.

And to also be a little more careful around Jin since the older appears very emotional, not to mention they didn't want anymore injuries.

Namjoon stood, sulking beside Jin while the pale skinned male took to the opposite side of the older.

Both Yoongi and Jin were getting along great, helping each other kindly.

It made Namjoon feel sort of left out.

However, Seokjin would every so often turn to Namjoon and ask him if he's okay and if he would like to help him with easier stuff.

The gestures were enough to make Namjoon's heart flutter as it skips a beat merely at the other's acts of generosity.

Meanwhile, "you're doing it wrong." Jungkook mutters to the lavender haired teen, ticking him off as he does so.

Taehyung bites down on his tongue, taking a sharp inhale through his nose to calm his raging nerves.

He continues to chop "wrong" just to piss Jungkook off since the older was annoying him.

"Did you even hear me?" The ebony haired youngster questions his partner, placing down his knife now.

Taehyung proceeds to ignore him, his slicing getting worse as his hand tightens around the handle more out of anger.

"Hey!" Jungkook pokes the side of the younger's head, causing Taehyung to snap. "What?!" He growls, glaring at the raven teen with disgust.

Jungkook raises his hands, "easy grumpy pants, I was only trying to help!" He grunts, though he had to keep his face expressionless even if he really wanted to smirk in that moment.

He couldn't deny that its still fun to bug and wind up the taller, seeing him react in such an explosive way.

Taehyung returns to his chopping, neglecting the ongoing stares from the others' across the kitchen.

"Please try and get along you two!" Hoseok sighs as he watches the ex-couple once again go back to ignoring each other.

~*~

Eventually, the six boys manage to make a meal and prepare the table for the evening.

"Hey?" Yoongi calls out while his eyes searches from side to side. "Where's Jimin?"

"Right here!" A voice hollers from the main door as he comes sauntering into the room with a casual walk in his step.

Taehyung's pupils immediately meet with Jimin's as the smaller gives the boy an unexpected wink while he grins with amusement.

Taehyung's expression showed that of utter shock as his eyes double in size.

Jungkook too, had caught onto what his best friend had just done.

He makes a face before remembering the deal.

In addition to it, Jungkook relaxes his features, deciding it'll be best to just take a seat down at the table for now.

The group assemble into their chairs, having Jin and Namjoon sit at either ends of the head's of the table.

The meal was delightful despite the awkward tension building around the group.

"So?" Hoseok breaks the atmosphere first, "have either one of you ever skied before?" He was obviously asking the only two who had never been to the lodge before.

Seokjin bows his head in embarrassment, he wasn't from the richer and luxury side of life. He didn't get to experience much except for abuse.

It made him feel embarrassed to even answer Hoseok since he is probably the only one who hasn't.

"No, I haven't." Taehyung mutters, surprising Jin with how calm and honest he is in his confession.

Hoseok flickers his gaze to the brunette as he fumbles around, "oh-uh, m-me t-t-too."

This made Hoseok grin as he smacks his hands together, "excellent! Well then why don't one of us show you how since we've all skied before."

Almost immediately, Namjoon's arm shoots up as he yells, "I'll help Jin!"

"But you're the worst one out of us at skiing?" Yoongi points out, his brows furrowed with concern for poor Jin if Namjoon helps him.

"What are you talking about?" Namjoon weakly chuckles, attempting to cover up the humiliating fact that Yoongi was speaking the truth. "I'm great at skiing, trust me."

Seokjin gave the sweating other a small smile of appreciation. "I l-look f-f-f-forward to i-it," he whispers into his chest while he gawks back down at his food.

Namjoon could feel his face heat up, all he wanted most was to fist bump the air but of course, that would just look strange and suspicious.

A content Hoseok then flickers his attention onto the boy beside him. "Maybe Jungkook could help you, Taehyung." He suggests, glance over at Taehyung on the opposite end of the table. "He's the best out of us all."

Taehyung scoffs, "pfft, of course he's the best!" He sarcastically grumbles.

Jungkook was always good at everything, it was like it just came naturally to him.

The ravenette smirks at the distasteful expression on his ex-lover's face.

"I'll help you," Jimin cuts in, placing a hand onto the youngest's shoulder.

Jungkook observes the small contact the two were having before he glares down at his meal.

He didn't know why he was pissed nor why his heart felt like it was being clenched by the purple haired teen.

His eyes dart to his hand, how it tightly grips his fork with all its might.

One thing was for sure, this vacation was going to be a long and difficult one.